PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss on Roach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roache will be a 2 down run stopping backer the same as TJ was. TJ probably had better cover skills than Roache but we will have to see about that.

LB are usually 5-7 yards from the LOS so I'm more interested in his 10 yard time than his 40. Maybe he won't be as fast sideline to sideline chasing down people if there is a clear field. But, many faster people can't get through the "trash" and some slower people can cut though the "trash' faster. That means they get to the ball carrier quicker and that is all that I'm concerned about.

We are playing football, not track & field.

PATSNUTme said:
LB are usually 5-7 yards from the LOS so I'm more interested in his 10 yard time than his 40.
Good point.

PATSNUTme said:
Maybe he won't be as fast sideline to sideline chasing down people if there is a clear field. But, many faster people can't get through the "trash" and some slower people can cut though the "trash' faster.
Another good point. Sometimes being able to shed blocks, change direction quickly, and/or bull through the crowd is better than being able run a forty three-tenths of a second faster.

PATSNUTme said:
We are playing football, not track & field.
Amen.

PATSNUTme said:
Roache will be a 2 down run stopping backer the same as TJ was. TJ probably had better cover skills than Roache but we will have to see about that.

Although, I think sometimes people forget that TJ was a 3-down MLB before Belichick came in and switched us over to a 3-4. He was a pretty good MLB, too. I remember he was getting some probowl consideration a couple of years there in the late 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back