PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss on Crumpler's Gift to the Kid - Pretty Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome of Alge to do. If he gets fined, the Patriots should send out a press release about it and give Alge a raise of however much the fine is.

My wife and I wanted names that could be Italian or Filipino, so Brady was out.

You're Tedy Bruschi's parents??????

I felt bad for the kid next to him. It looked like he thought he was getting it and then Brady got the ball.

I thought the same thing. I figured they were brothers but I guess not. Glad to have Alge on the team this year!

That was a really classy, touching moment. It is so ironic that the kid was named after Tom Brady and he gets Brady's final touchdown ball of the 2010 season! Wow. Nice! You couldn't have written it any better. :)

Last edited:
That whole scene was the highlight of highlights for that game, in my book, anyway. Crumpler has been a leader on and off the field for years, and this act is just another in a string of great performances.

He's been an excellent mentor to our rookie tight ends, too.

Speaking of our rookie tight ends, have you noticed when they score a touchdown, they may whoop and holler and do the jump up and bump backs thing with who's ever around, but then after that they walk over to Alge, stand up straight and tall and shake his hand.

I've never seen that before, and I dunno, but that impresses me....

Alge is just a class act, and it's obvious they respect him.

Only question left is how expensive of a gift that is going to be for Crumpler.

Under the rules of the No Fun League that is a fineable offense.

I thought it is finable only if the player throw it in the stands ( risk of injury). I don't think I've ever seen a player get fined for handing it to a fan.

I thought it is finable only if the player throw it in the stands ( risk of injury). I don't think I've ever seen a player get fined for handing it to a fan.

If it is finable, it is the stupidest fine in the world.. even God-dell has to agree that this was a nice move.. that kid will be an NFL fan for life, and throughout his life will spend a lot of cash on NFL apparel.

Our qb of the future. Anyone else think of that phone commercial or w/e it was with the kid catching the ball in the crowd?

That's what I thought too.
Pretty cool to see something like that nowadays.

Born to be a Pats fan, awesome! I guess he would have been born in 2003?

You know, the rate of little Bradys born in Massachusetts correlates strongly with the Patriots' performance.
It's a great name to have. (Harrison isn't bad either);)

That was cool to watch last night..kid is going to have a great story the rest of his life

Well played, sir. And I have pointed Tedy's heratige out to my boys many times.

All of a sudden it breaks my heart to remember, but this season is a bookend Gillette experience from the first game (a little boy named after #54 lost his father to a heart attack at the stadium before the first snap) to the last (a little boy named after #12 is the recipient of a wonderful player's kindness).

While I revel in the yesterday's heatwarming moment, a quiet prayer also goes out for the Chartier family.

Last edited:
Agreed,that was very cool...props to Crumpler! I recall Troy Brown giving the ball to a kid in a wheelchair some yaers ago,very similiar,anyone know what game it was?

Only question left is how expensive of a gift that is going to be for Crumpler.

Under the rules of the No Fun League that is a fineable offense.

would be nice to see that rule changed ... one of the gret things about baseball is thinking you might get a ball. It would be nice that if a player gives a ball away the most that happens is that they pay for it.

That was awesome of Alge to do. If he gets fined, the Patriots should send out a press release about it and give Alge a raise of however much the fine is.

My wife and I wanted names that could be Italian or Filipino, so Brady was out.

Bradini....

Italian - Filipino There some GOOOOD Food at your house.

http://ethnicelebs.com/tedy-bruschi

TedyBruschi.jpg

Last edited:
All of a sudden it breaks my heart to remember, but this season is a bookend Gillette experience from the first game (a little boy named after #54 lost his father to a heart attack at the stadium before the first snap) to the last (a little boy named after #12 is the recipient of a wonderful player's kindness).

While I revel in the yesterday's heatwarming moment, a quiet prayer also goes out for the Chartier family.

This..............

So the Randy Moss mask kid is thrown out like yesterdays garbage to make room for the new adorable kid ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back