PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss on Colts/Polian

Oh good grief. Why don't you just admit that you can't stand Polian and move on? Cause this is pure hogwash.:rolleyes: Please......

BTW, do you still post on Indystar?

From time to time when I see something totally delusional that just screams to be debunked. Like what a sweetheart of a GM and cap genius Bill is or how Peyton is always giving back money so his teamates can feed their families or how Brady's a system QB while Peyton couldn't win one 'til he became one too or how winning close and late or squeeking by even on your PC's foot or on the backs of your defense somehow diminishes your championships...

I don't know too many people who can stand Polian, though some grudgingly or not so grudgingly admire his track record. For a guy who grew up here to call this team the Pat Ri Ots just drives me batty. I find it comical though that his bravado heading up to the Superbowl about our time being up has been recently replaced with nothing but gushing compliments for the premier franchise in the league. He's setting you up for his 2008 rationalization of how tough it is to repeat. Although we all know at the end of the day it will all be Corey Simon's fault if you don't. LOL ;)

From time to time when I see something totally delusional that just screams to be debunked. Like what a sweetheart of a GM and cap genius Bill is or how Peyton is always giving back money so his teamates can feed their families or how Brady's a system QB while Peyton couldn't win one 'til he became one too or how winning close and late or squeeking by even on your PC's foot or on the backs of your defense somehow diminishes your championships...

I don't know too many people who can stand Polian, though some grudgingly or not so grudgingly admire his track record. For a guy who grew up here to call this team the Pat Ri Ots just drives me batty. I find it comical though that his bravado heading up to the Superbowl about our time being up has been recently replaced with nothing but gushing compliments for the premier franchise in the league. He's setting you up for his 2008 rationalization of how tough it is to repeat. Although we all know at the end of the day it will all be Corey Simon's fault if you don't. LOL ;)

I've yet to see any official report that he said anything to the effect that the pats time is up. If he did, he was in the wrong. Could you please provide a link?

Polian is a lot like Rodney Harrison, IMO. If he's on your side you love him, if not, you hate him.

He put them both on NFI and cut off their 2006 salary. Even though that did not alter their cap hit, just saved Irsay that money. .

Are you saying this as fact or as your opinion that the Colts cut off Reagor's salary??

Are you sure it didn't affect their cap hits? Isn't that how they made room to go trade for Booger?

I doubt that the Colts needed the cap room. They used the phony NTLBE move on Matt Ulrich (I know this for sure) and Proehl (I am making a educated guess on this) and maybe others. That's probably why the Colts' adjusted cap is HIGHER than the announced cap number of 109 million.

Are you saying this as fact or as your opinion that the Colts cut off Reagor's salary??

I saw a couple of articles after the fact that cited league sources were were indicating he would not be paid for the last 4 weeks of the season ($305K). But nothing more definitive than that. That would make sense unless they wanted to set a precedent that could cause them problems when the Corey Simon grievance is heard, if it ever is, because his salary was clearly docked when he was placed on NFI. If they intended to pay Reagor they could have just placed him on IR to free the roster spot. But then that would have set a precedent as well.

Reagor wasn't exactly destitute absent 4 weeks salary either since he got a $1M roster bonus at the beginning of the 2006 season. Though that was a far cry from the $10M option bonus Corey pocketed that spring.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back