PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Moss played with separated shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Source: Moss Played with Separated Shoulder

Deus I know you don't honestly believe that BB would detail to anybody in the media what he saw on the tape lol. I mean you aren't an idiot, so that must mean you simply have an agenda or bias here.

Another in the long list of "Well he didn't say exactly what we wanted him to, so therefore it proves whatever we want it to prove" when it comes to BB. It's always fun to watch, as BB is 100% completely consistent while others try to find some deep meaning in his every word and non-word.

Deus I know you don't honestly believe that BB would detail to anybody in the media what he saw on the tape lol. I mean you aren't an idiot, so that must mean you simply have an agenda or bias here.

Another in the long list of "Well he didn't say exactly what we wanted him to, so therefore it proves whatever we want it to prove" when it comes to BB. It's always fun to watch, as BB is 100% completely consistent while others try to find some deep meaning in his every word and non-word.

The quotes he picked out were actually in response to my comments about Jaworski's analysis. The main point of the article wasn't really the point of his posting it, if I understood correctly.

I missed that statement. I retract my argument for the interception play, because I can't cherry pick which Jaworski comments I want to use in my case.

That being said, lack of effort (undoubtably impacted by injury, to debateable degree) on that play does not detract from him playing through an injury, playing hard for most of the game, and having a positive impact due to the attention he draws. As I recall, Welker had a whale of a game, and I just don't see that happening if Moss isn't drawing some coverage.

That INT, regardless of fault, does NOT make Moss a "dog" (which I'll note you personally haven't come out and said, but it's the argument I'm fighting).

I agree that it doesn't make Moss a "dog". I think the "dog" and "slouch" comments are over-the-top. I do think that Moss has given comfortably less than 100% effort in a couple/few games since his arrival (the 2008 Chargers game and the Panthers game this season spring to mind). However, as a general rule, I think Moss' effort is fine, the number of plays he takes off is not significantly different from most receivers and his impact on a game when he's got quality players around to help him is still significant.

On the sideline play that was picked off and the play that he dropped the pass over the middle he certainly wasnt "working his tail off"....

In that case, was Brady dogging it in the Ravens game? He certainly wasn't "working his tail off" when he threw the ball to the other team.

The quotes he picked out were actually in response to my comments about Jaworski's analysis. The main point of the article wasn't really the point of his posting it, if I understood correctly.

My mistake, stupid thread title :p

Anyway bottom line with that play, we'll never know why Moss/Brady weren't on the same page. But here are the facts:

1) He immediately tried to break up the INT and pushed the DB out of bounds after he realized where the ball was going

2) The DB was playing outside technique.

3) Brady threw the ball under pressure

The most likely event is that Moss cut his route inside because of the DB shading the outside, while Brady either read something differently or threw poorly due to the pressure. Anyone who wants to make it about effort is just looking for reasons to prove their predetermined conclusion that Moss quits.

:rofl: Pinkhats are trying to get heavy on us with social commentary. :rofl:
Boys and girls please try to learn the basics of football before smearing those of us who know the game well and can spot a dog like Randy Moss a mile away.

And Exhibit A comes right out of the woodwork. :p

Wow, no wonder he was moving so cautiously :bricks:. Get well Moss, we need you!

Played with a separated shoulder and never said a word about it to anyone outside the organization, even when he was being roundly criticized. My guess is that he was getting a shot before every game.

Randy, I think you're a true Patriot.

Can the team get in trobule for not disclosing this in the injury report?

I hope Brady and Moss work all off season just to torch Revis first Jets game.

What a classless punk Revis has become. A big mouth just like RexLax.

I hate the Jets and I dont know how any Patriot fan can root for them.

Hi guys,

I have a different take on Moss. I am a huge Moss fan and can't bring myself to ever criticize him. I have to admit, though, that it was pretty tough after the Carolina game. As much as I hated to admit it, I was defenseless against the haters. Moss did appear to have a lousy, less than stellar.

Given the news of his injury, as a Moss supporter it makes me feel a lot better, but at the same time I don't blame the haters. How could they have known?

I agree that it doesn't make Moss a "dog". I think the "dog" and "slouch" comments are over-the-top. I do think that Moss has given comfortably less than 100% effort in a couple/few games since his arrival (the 2008 Chargers game and the Panthers game this season spring to mind). However, as a general rule, I think Moss' effort is fine, the number of plays he takes off is not significantly different from most receivers and his impact on a game when he's got quality players around to help him is still significant.

2008 Chargers game? The one where he had at least a few potential TDs in 1v1 vs Jammer, but both those passes were terrible. Then he had an easy TD in the middle of the endzone but Cassel missed him by a mile.

2008 Chargers game? The one where he had at least a few potential TDs in 1v1 vs Jammer, but both those passes were terrible. Then he had an easy TD in the middle of the endzone but Cassel missed him by a mile.

I'm not going to re-hash the game. I disagree with your assessment. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
It all makes sense that BB and Brady were so supportive of him when he was accused of dogging it after the Panthers game. My respect for Moss has increased.

I suspect that a lot of the people who "hate" on Moss are just closet rascists anyway, so who cares?
What a classless post.

I suspect that a lot of the people who "hate" on Moss are just closet rascists anyway, so who cares?

Maybe it has less to do with his race and more to do with his character, I'd imagine that smiling and talking about 'stacking his bread' isn't going to endear him to many after they just got pwned by the Ravens.

You and I read that play differently then. If he had a separated shoulder, how easy do you think it would be for him to reach out last second and try to break up that play?

Thank you for proving my point, Deus

Anyway, with Moss being injured and not getting any younger it might be a good idea to trade him if the price is right.

I don't understand this line of thinking. An injured Moss getting double teamed is better for the team than a healthy Aiken.

If Moss was so hurt that he could not help the team then I would expect that he wouldnt take the field that week. The team could devise an alternate game plan to off set the loss of Moss. A more run dominated game plan, especially vs a team like Carolina which was so weak against the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes