PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Moss played with separated shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Source: Moss Played with Separated Shoulder

The drop across the middle sucked, but sh!t happens. But the INT on the sideline that he just quit on, that was just his fault, not a cross that he bears due to his great talent. Still, this is good news for me.

I agree that fans still have a right to get on him for the Panthers game, that was the only game I criticized him. He didnt give any effort whatsoever in that game, and if the shoulder was really that big of an issue for him that week then he shouldnt have played.

With that said it is good news that he was actually hurt this season and it wasnt just a bad back that comes with aging. Look at the numbers he put up playing virtually 3/4 of the season injured, imagine what he could have done if he was healthy. Moss' toughness was never questioned, but is effort was and that still had a right to be questioned.

I agree that fans still have a right to get on him for the Panthers game, that was the only game I criticized him. He didnt give any effort whatsoever in that game, and if the shoulder was really that big of an issue for him that week then he shouldnt have played.

With that said it is good news that he was actually hurt this season and it wasnt just a bad back that comes with aging. Look at the numbers he put up playing virtually 3/4 of the season injured, imagine what he could have done if he was healthy. Moss' toughness was never questioned, but is effort was and that still had a right to be questioned.
I agree with everything there and we'll need a 100% Moss the first half of 2010 while Welker finds his way on his new knee.

He didnt give any effort whatsoever in that game

Ron Jaworski disagrees with you after watching the coaches film. Said he "worked his tail off" if I've got the statement right. And the man breaks down tape for a living.

Unless you think Jaworski (who gives QBs credit for everything and has no affiliation with the Patriots) is biased towards Randy Moss.

:rofl: Pinkhats are trying to get heavy on us with social commentary. :rofl:
Boys and girls please try to learn the basics of football before smearing those of us who know the game well and can spot a dog like Randy Moss a mile away.

My Junior year of High School(some 6 years ago) I separated my shoulder playing football, I played bothways on the line and it sucked. I still feel the effects from the injury in little things like sleeping on it.

Medically, it is very close to a dislocation and you're range of motion is severely limited, making something like catching a football very difficult and exceedingly painful if you have to jerk your arms above your head or extend your arms quickly to make a catch. On top of that, running becomes a little more difficult because you can't use your arm at its fullest capacity which affects your speed, and possibly your balance and agility. On top of that you still have to play with DBs flying around the field trying to knock the **** out of you. But despite all that Moss was still a top 10 reciever in the NFL and according to you he's still a dog.

You're attitude is pathetic and represents the worst parts of the Patriots fan base.

The drop across the middle sucked, but sh!t happens. But the INT on the sideline that he just quit on, that was just his fault, not a cross that he bears due to his great talent. Still, this is good news for me.

We'll never know exactly what happened on that play but it is not a unlikely that Moss read the outside coverage and adjusted his route to the inside.

LMAO - because there's SO MANY white NFL players :rolleyes:

It was clear Moss was dogging it, those of us who questioned him were right to do so. Now we have a good answer why and that's a good thing.

You who else was dogging it? These kids!

oliver_twist_child_labor_abuse_judah_christian_school.jpg

Their productive output was pitiful!

Seriously, a player with a separated shoulder was dogging it? You're sticking to that? He was dogging it because he had a separated shoulder? Really?

I don't understand this line of thinking. An injured Moss getting double teamed is better for the team than a healthy Aiken.

Ron Jaworski disagrees with you after watching the coaches film. Said he "worked his tail off" if I've got the statement right. And the man breaks down tape for a living.

Unless you think Jaworski (who gives QBs credit for everything and has no affiliation with the Patriots) is biased towards Randy Moss.

On the sideline play that was picked off and the play that he dropped the pass over the middle he certainly wasnt "working his tail off"....

Someone really needs to sit down with that racist Darelle Revis, because he's at it again.

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis took another shot at Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss over the weekend, telling ESPN that “sometimes [Moss] takes plays off. Sometimes he don’t.”

“Will he fight through tough coverage? Everybody knows Randy Moss,” Revis said while at the Pro Bowl. “Sometimes he takes plays off. Sometimes he don’t. That’s his game now. He’s still a great player, and he still manages to make plays.”

It Is What It Is Revis goes after Moss again

What kind of effort should he put up with a separated shoulder?

And, if he shouldn't have played, then we're out there with Aiken and Stanback as starting WRs with Welker.

Why do you think the Patriots kept this hidden?

On the sideline play that was picked off and the play that he dropped the pass over the middle he certainly wasnt "working his tail off"....

You and I read that play differently then. If he had a separated shoulder, how easy do you think it would be for him to reach out last second and try to break up that play?

That was Brady's fault, not Moss's. The drop over the middle was Moss's.

I was pissed that he was not stretching for balls, he kept his arms so short and I thought it was just old age.

:rofl: Pinkhats are trying to get heavy on us with social commentary. :rofl:
Boys and girls please try to learn the basics of football before smearing those of us who know the game well and can spot a dog like Randy Moss a mile away.

Have you ever separated your shoulder? Hurt's like a biatch.

If he did really separate his shoulder, the fact that he still played through it and got on the field speaks more about his character and toughness than him being a dog.

On a side note, where the hell does dog-faker come from? I have a dog and he's a ball of energy.

Appearing Friday morning on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike In The Morning, ESPN's Ron Jaworski largely agreed with Hoge.

"Randy Moss gave great effort in that game, it was that simple," Jaworski said. "Anyone that questioned the effort would be dead wrong."

But then Mike Golic focused on the apparent lack of effort Moss displayed on a play in which a seemingly lazy pass route from Moss resulted in an interception. Though Hoge previously has said in no uncertain terms that Moss didn't quit on that play, either, Jaworski ultimately conceded that the effort from Moss was "inexcusable."

Belichick evades question about whether game film shows Moss quit | ProFootballTalk.com

Someone really needs to sit down with that racist Darelle Revis, because he's at it again.

It Is What It Is Revis goes after Moss again

The poster who made the racist comment either had tongue firmly planted in cheek, or is an idiot. Let's not feel the need to argue his point, shall we?

As for a Jet telling me what kind of player a Patriot is? I'll look for more unbiased opinions than those of a heated rival.

Yeah but...he still had another shoulder that wasn't separated.This dog has coasted through his career for far too long. 12 touchdowns? That's more than a 50% drop off from 2007. If he was a CEO he'd be fired. Time to put him down. :rolleyes:

actually, if he was a CEO, he would have given himself a raise :)

I missed that statement. I retract my argument for the interception play, because I can't cherry pick which Jaworski comments I want to use in my case.

That being said, lack of effort (undoubtably impacted by injury, to debateable degree) on that play does not detract from him playing through an injury, playing hard for most of the game, and having a positive impact due to the attention he draws. As I recall, Welker had a whale of a game, and I just don't see that happening if Moss isn't drawing some coverage.

That INT, regardless of fault, does NOT make Moss a "dog" (which I'll note you personally haven't come out and said, but it's the argument I'm fighting).

Last edited:
I was pissed that he was not stretching for balls, he kept his arms so short and I thought it was just old age.

We all wondered why he didn't reach for the high balls or jump to catch them at the "highest point". Well...you can't lift your elbow higher than your shoulder whether it's luxated (all the way out) or subluxated (partially out or unstable). It hurts like @#$% to even try.

His effort was never an issue with me, but his lack of reaching up for balls, whether to catch it or to prevent an int, certainly was.

Glad to know of this. I excuse him :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back