Reiss: "Maroney is ready to explode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He's like gunpowder and fire mixing -- a huge explosion

Excerpt:

Now, it's Dillon, Faulk, Maroney, and Heath Evans, each adding a little something to the mix. Dillon brings the power, Faulk the shiftiness and smoothness in the passing game, and Evans the versatility to run and block.

Maroney, meanwhile, is the home run hitter. And when it comes to the playoffs, where one play can extend or end a season, it's nice to have a player who can knock it out of the park.

"He's explosive, one of the best in the league that I've seen in a while like that," said Faulk, now in his eighth season. "When he gets the ball, you just never know what's going to happen. That's the special thing about him."
---

Obviously, the O-line is the key to his success. And a downfield passing game won't hurt either...:)

Whoa!
Watch your thread titles.
I was worried he'd joined Al Quaeda.

I think we see a couple of huge screens (or passes of other forms) to Maroney tomorrow. Having downfield WR burning one on one coverage is one way to beat the blitz. Another is to throw the call short to where the blitzers came from. Get Maroney in the open field, on the new turf, the interior of the OL has been great getting downfield - Neal missed the last Jest game - and we'll see how often Mangina wants to send Kerry Rhodes, etc, after Brady.

Maroney is a special runner. He looks like such a steal at #21 :)

The amazing thing is that he really hasn't broken open any huge plays yet, given his potential for explosiveness. Hopefully this Sunday will finally be the day, both on special teams and offense.

Maroney is going to have a good playoffs,I just can feel it....With Corey and Maroney healthy watch out Jets....Teams after the jets.....Maroney was the biggest steal of the draft.........GO PATS!!!!!!!:rocker: :eat2: :eat3: :eat1:

Maroney is going to have a good playoffs,I just can feel it....With Corey and Maroney healthy watch out Jets....Teams after the jets.....Maroney was the biggest steal of the draft.........GO PATS!!!!!!!:rocker: :eat2: :eat3: :eat1:

I am high on Maroney, but this is BS. Colston was the biggest steal of the draft. Heck, even Maurice Drew in the 2nd round could be considered a steal with how well he played.

BB kept Maroney fresh for the playoffs, I expect some impressive runs from him tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey