PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Klecko sheds weight, working with LBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, Brady is pissed:

In one of the team's seven-on-seven passing drills, quarterback Tom Brady appeared displeased with the execution of the offense. The defense seemed to have the edge throughout.

How many posts will this thread reach? It could be three figures ... Now that Bethel's gone, is there anyone more divisive of fan opinion?

THANK GOD!!!!

My wife and I loved Klecko when he came out, kind of like Flutie, a true underdog with a fighting spirit. I've been hoping all offseason that he might be the surprise back-up middle linebacker!

Sure, he could still fail to make the transition and get cut but I like that he still has a chance to kick and scratch his way on the roster. I figured that JABBA THE HUT Sullivan would take his D-Line position.

This excites the hell outta me. I so badly want that kid to find a place on this team where he can be productive. I'm not holding my breath, but hopeful! Go Danny, Go!

Are we thinking OLB or ILB here?

My vote goes to ILB.

How 'bout this for a roster? Seems to be deep enough...

OLB:

Colvin
Vrabel
Banta-Cain
Mincey

ILB:

Bruschi
Beisel
Klecko
Claridge

STers:

Izzo
Davis
Alexander

(Obviously they won't be carrying 11 LBs, but you get the point)

Last edited:
90gimme.jpg

I'd be thrilled if it worked, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Brownfan80 said:
That pic is absolutely histarical to me. lol Thanks for posting it.
:D Thanks, it's been sitting on my hard drive for a while now. The first time I saw the picture the look on his face just made me laugh out loud, I just had to photoshop it.

FINALLY!! At long last we have a replacement for that underachieving over the hill Bruschi. :rocker:

T-ShirtDynasty said:

At first I thought you had switched Klecko's face for a Star Wars character. And then I realized that, no, that actually is Klecko! :scared:

I'll be surprised if he makes it at linebacker. When they first started experimenting with him standing up he just didn't have the instincts for coverage. This will be interesting to watch.

Tunescribe said:
I'll be surprised if he makes it at linebacker. When they first started experimenting with him standing up he just didn't have the instincts for coverage. This will be interesting to watch.
I think TJ's run stopping early down role is the only chance for him at LB.

pats1 said:
Are we thinking OLB or ILB here?

My vote goes to ILB.

How 'bout this for a roster? Seems to be deep enough...

OLB:

Colvin
Vrabel
Banta-Cain
Mincey

ILB:

Bruschi
Beisel
Klecko
Claridge

(Obviously they won't be carrying 11 LBs, but you get the point)

If by "deep" you mean lots of bodies, than sure. But seeing how a full 62.5% of those guys are unproven, I wouldn't associate it with "quality depth" just yet.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
If by "deep" you mean lots of bodies, than sure. But seeing how a full 62.5% of those guys are unproven, I wouldn't associate it with "quality depth" just yet.

It is certainly younger than the depth they've had with Brown, Phifer, Johnson, etc., but everyone has to start somewhere, and Banta-Cain, Beisel, Klecko, etc. have been in the system and will only continue to work their way up. We also never know what BB has up his sleeve with projects like Mincey and Claridge. The fact that more proven veterans haven't been brought in to shore up the group shows the confidence BB has with the younger group he has right now.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:

Well at least it's not 63%. And you forgot to put Tebucky at OLB. That's apparently where he took some reps, per Price's blog:

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/321

Gotta love the second unit - Klecko and Izzo at ILBs, with Mincey and Tebucky at OLBs!

I like Klecko but I don't see him winning a spot at ILB.....In fact, I would be surprised if he made the 53 man cut this year. He's a fighter and we all would like to see him succeed but the odds are long indeed as I see it. Good luck, Dan!

Last edited by a moderator:
patsox23 said:
I'd be thrilled if it worked, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If it doesn't work out it won't be for lack of motivation. Klecko's got a great motor and knows this is a great opportunity for him.

I'm surprised that they didn't start him in this role given his size initially, but when he was drafted I don;t think they envisioned the lack of depth at LB... and even last year were looking to other players to contribute more.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Ok, so he's not a run down backer! Let's hope that he is a hole plugger.

If you could put his guys heart and determination in M. Hills body, what a DL you would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes