PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Kaczur has "significant" back injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it amazes me the way some people on this forum that are fans of the same team deliberately try to start **** with someone with a differing opinion or who say anything that seems to get their panties in a bunch. I am not optimistic about either situation considering the lack of good depth. Deal with it.

When someone deliberately misquotes me, yeah I'll attempt to clarify and restate my point. By doing what you did, it would appear that you are the one looking to start ****.

That's why there's an ignore list.

Last edited:
Meh, if the season hinges on Kazcur, a guy who was at absolute best the 4th best guy on a non Mankins Oline, and probably a backup on one with him, they were screwed either way. The Pats should have taken a G / T with one of the earlier picks, I said it then, and I'll say it now. This hardly hampers them though. The dropoff from Kazcur to whoever replaces him isn't nearly as big as people will make it out to be. As always, the person that makes or breaks the Oline isn't even on the Oline, it's Tom Brady. As long as he's at the top of his game, Kazcur or no Kazcur won't make a significant difference.

Also, I'd like to believe Price / Tate / Holt / Gronk / Hernandez will help to make the Oline a little better as well. I don't see the offense being as straight forward as it was last year.

You know it amazes me the way some people on this forum that are fans of the same team deliberately try to start **** with someone with a differing opinion or who say anything that seems to get their panties in a bunch. I am not optimistic about either situation considering the lack of good depth. Deal with it.

Ironically, I've always found that the people who make passive-aggressive posts like this are the ones that are most guilty of what they're calling everyone else out for.

Meh, if the season hinges on Kazcur, a guy who was at absolute best the 4th best guy on a non Mankins Oline, and probably a backup on one with him, they were screwed either way. The Pats should have taken a G / T with one of the earlier picks, I said it then, and I'll say it now. This hardly hampers them though. The dropoff from Kazcur to whoever replaces him isn't nearly as big as people will make it out to be. As always, the person that makes or breaks the Oline isn't even on the Oline, it's Tom Brady. As long as he's at the top of his game, Kazcur or no Kazcur won't make a significant difference.
Completely agree.

The rules of the uncapped year make this holdout (and that of Vincent Jackson, Marcus Mcneil, and Merriman in SD) different than what we've seen in the past.

Mankins most likely doesn't need to play another day for the Pats to become a free agent. Only the special provisions of the uncapped year made him a RFA. In any other year he had enough service time to be an unrestricted FA. I haven't seen anyone predicting that they will raise the service time requirement to 6 years under the next CBA. He doesn't need the 2010 season to count to his service time the way a holdout normally does.

The Pats could franchise him before the next season (be it 2011 or whenever the CBA is settled) but then he is at looking at a lot more in $ than the 1.5m he is set to earn this year.

The question is does he risk injury and the X million he can get as a FA the next NFL season for 1.5m this year. Without knowing his personal finances I don't know how anyone could predict that.

I'd be willing to be that the Owners will demand that their rights be held with their current teams since they ARE restricted free agents. And while the owners were the ones who opted out, the players haven't done squat to work with the owners.

This is what happens when BB & Kraft rely on cheap snowback immigrant labor from Canader

Well, now it's time to see if Busst-ey, Ohbust-er or anyone else can step up to the plate.

Ohnbust was supposed to be good, he was a 4th round pick too.

Mankins started day 1 so it's not too much to think this guy, if he is going to be good, could do a halfway decent job his 2nd year. That is, if he' s not a bust.

Re: Kaczur has "Significant" back injury--Reiss

I've yet to see a player with "leverage" fare well dealing with the Pats.

I disagree.
Seymour got what he wanted - a new contract.
Branch got what he wanted - a big contract.
Samuel got what he wanted - a guarantee that he would not be franchised for the 2nd time.

I disagree.
Samuel got what he wanted - a guarantee that he would not be franchised for the 2nd time.

not what I meant...of course you're correct...I am assuming each one of those players wanted the Pats to be the donor of the new, big and guaranteed contracts, which they refused to do.In that respect, they didn't get what they wanted and that is what I was driving at. Of course if you believe that winning is not important to these players, then ,yes, they got exactly what they wanted.

I disagree.

You can just as easily make the case that the team got what it wanted, Seymour honored his 6th rookie year and they got a short term deal which in the final year they decided had been enough...and they got a first rounder in trade for him at that time.

Branch got his way, although we did get a first for him. He is the poster child for not caving again. And that cave was actually an accident - they werent' intending to give in, it just unfolded in a way they had to.

Samuel was never in danger of being franchised a 2nd time...IMHO. I would not be surprised if in hindsight they probably wish they had just moved his ass in the spring of 2007 for a 2008 first.

I'd be willing to be that the Owners will demand that their rights be held with their current teams since they ARE restricted free agents.
I will take that bet.

And while the owners were the ones who opted out, the players haven't done squat to work with the owners.

Really??

The real story behind the rookie wage scale - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The NFLPA proposed a change to the rookie wage scale. Owners did not like the 3-year limit so the NFLPA made a counter-proposal. Owners have yet to respond.

The NFLPA proposed a change to the rookie wage scale. Owners did not like the 3-year limit so the NFLPA made a counter-proposal. Owners have yet to respond.

3 years for rooks IF the salaries are rationally constrained (I guess rational is the undefinable point) seems reasonable in that by then most rooks will have (dis)proven themselves. Oh well.

Any details on the counter proposal?

is he a relative, Deus?

No, he's actually a writer for PFT, which gives him INFLUENCE. And maybe I'm going out on a limb by saying a guy who chooses a screen name such as yours doesn't quite grasp what that is in the first place.
And your telling someone "If you want to pick a fight, punch yourself in the face" was a really classy touch, lemme tell ya.

It sucks that Kazcur is out, but I am not going to worry yet. I mean before he got here, if you were told that Joe Andruzzi was going to be the starting LG for three Super Bowl teams, you would have rolled on the floor laughing. Andruzzi was a nothing journeyman when he got here and wasn't anything special in Cleveland after he left here. I have trust in Dante that he will find a way to make the LG work at least until he proves me wrong.

Well, now it's time to see if Busst-ey, Ohbust-er or anyone else can step up to the plate.

Ohnbust was supposed to be good, he was a 4th round pick too.

Mankins started day 1 so it's not too much to think this guy, if he is going to be good, could do a halfway decent job his 2nd year. That is, if he' s not a bust.

Bussey must really be a waste if he couldn't propel himself form the injured reserve into the starting lineup last season.

In all the games he played last year he showed nothing, total bust.

3 years for rooks IF the salaries are rationally constrained (I guess rational is the undefinable point) seems reasonable in that by then most rooks will have (dis)proven themselves. Oh well.

Any details on the counter proposal?
The NFLPA increased the offer to 4 years.

Ack enough with the contract talk. That is what drunken-sot beat writers love to write about...

Ack enough with the contract talk. That is what drunken-sot beat writers love to write about...

Just because you can't understand it doesn't mean they shouldn't talk about it Fred.

It sucks that Kazcur is out, but I am not going to worry yet. I mean before he got here, if you were told that Joe Andruzzi was going to be the starting LG for three Super Bowl teams, you would have rolled on the floor laughing. Andruzzi was a nothing journeyman when he got here and wasn't anything special in Cleveland after he left here. I have trust in Dante that he will find a way to make the LG work at least until he proves me wrong.

This post makes far too much sense! Don't you get it?! We lost Kaczur... KACZUR!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back