PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Kaczur has "significant" back injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
that blurb by Rosenthal is hasty and uninformed as far as I can tell...if Kaczur is starting at LG, that makes HIM number 1 on the depth chart, which makes Connolly number two, not third on the depth chart. Seems it's more of the same PFT bullcrap, trying to incite a controversy using rehashed, out of date and misinformed opinion.

Mankins would clearly be #1 on the depth chart. Take a dose of reality with the homerism, Joker.

Regardless of who we put in to fill Kaczur's role, OL MUST be addressed within the first three rounds of next years' draft (late round gems are always welcome, of course). We need a new tackle to bookend with Vollmer, (seeing as how Light will probably move one) and a new guard(s), not just for Mankins, but another one to groom to replace Neal as well.

Mankins would clearly be #1 on the depth chart. Take a dose of reality with the homerism, Joker.

you misunderstand...it's not homerism, it's REALITY, as of RIGHT NOW...Mankins is NOT with this team, have you missed that? Of course he'd be #1 if he were but the FACT is ,right now Kaczur is #1 and Connolly is #2.

you misunderstand...it's not homerism, it's REALITY, as of RIGHT NOW...Mankins is NOT with this team, have you missed that? Of course he'd be #1 if he were but the FACT is ,right now Kaczur is #1 and Connolly is #2.

No, the FACT is that Mankins was option #1, and you were banging on a writer for no reason.

Really? We in all likelihood have upgraded at RT with Vollmer over Kaczur, we have the same RG, C and LT as last year. We are "short" a good LG. IF (big IF) They sign Mankins, all we have lost is our backup RT. If they don't sign Mankins, then they need to get a good LG hopefully an experienced vet via FA or a trade.

Not to mention we have one of THE best OL coaches in the NFL.

So explain how "we're ****ed", again? :rolleyes:

I hear that's going well.

Regardless of who we put in to fill Kaczur's role, OL MUST be addressed within the first three rounds of next years' draft (late round gems are always welcome, of course). We need a new tackle to bookend with Vollmer, (seeing as how Light will probably move one) and a new guard(s), not just for Mankins, but another one to groom to replace Neal as well.

they need to sign Logan Mankins, he is only 28 and at the top of he's game like you said they need to replace neal, next year and maybe even light, Kaczur, has a bad back injury he may never be the same and let's face it he was not very good to start with

if they sign mankins they only need to replace the right side of the OL next year. and maybe the two late round picks of Thomas Welch, and Ted Larsen, are next years RG and RT. and then they can use the picks on pass rush and RB

is he a relative, Deus?

Last edited:
I did...he listed Mankins as the #1 at LG...then he listed Kaczur #2 and Connolly # 3...a cursory glance at the Patriots depth chart as of TODAY, Aug 6, 2010 lists Mankins as the #1 and Connolly as #2 at LG. Maybe PFT should take it up with BB and the Patriots staff...

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

Last edited:
But I thought they were all there to hold clipboards. Imagine actually giving players on the roster reps. Doesn't BB know they are all useless bums?

With Mankins absent and Nick Kaczur, who had been lining up at left guard in his place, injured, the offensive line moved through several rotations in yesterday’s practices. Ryan Wendell, Dan Connolly, Rich Ohrnberger, George Bussey, and Ted Larsen got snaps at guard, and Dan Koppen, Connolly, and Ohrnberger at center.

Things are good so far, overall, for Patriots’ Caserio - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
I did...he listed Mankins as the #1 at LG...then he listed Kaczur #2 and Connolly # 3...a cursory glance at the Patriots depth chart as of TODAY, Aug 6, 2010 lists Mankins as the #1 and Connolly as #2 at LG. Maybe PFT should take it up with BB and the Patriots staff...

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

Kaczur, usually a right tackle, was Bill Belichick's first choice to replace Mankins at left guard. Third-stringer Dan Connolly is up next.

Logan Mankins just gained some leverage | ProFootballTalk.com

Seems accurate to me.

I would expect us to bring in vets as well as consider a trade. I think that this would have happened in any case. Now there is little question.

The first step is to make the last effort with Mankins before moving one. Mawae anyone?

I don't know how the patriots evaluate Connolly and Ohrnberger. Even if they are fine with
bothm we still need a veteran.

I suspect that Dante and Belichick are fine with Connolly starting. The question is what happens of Neal is injured or if Connolly is injured. If Connolly and Neal are the starters, who are the backups ready to step in?

A PFT writer is more accurate than the Patriots roster depth chart? How exactly does THAT work?

Left Guard 70 Logan Mankins 63 Dan Connolly 69 Ryan Wendell

Right Tackle 77 Nick Kaczur 64 Mark LeVoir 76 Sebastian Vollmer
74 Thomas Welch

Depth Chart: Last Updated August 6, 2010

think I'll stick with the local team affiliated data rather than the PFT crap stirrers data

What about Vollmer at LG and Levoir at RT? Not awesome, but LeVoir is solid.

I suspect that Dante and Belichick are fine with Connolly starting...

Dante and Belichick have been putting a tackle conversion project ahead of Connolly, and having that project playing with the first string.

A PFT writer is more accurate than the Patriots roster depth chart? How exactly does THAT work?

74 Thomas Welch

think I'll stick with the local team affiliated data rather than the PFT crap stirrers data

Doesn't Fred Smerlas or some such do the depth chart on the site? I don't think it's a "Patriots" depth chart...

74 Thomas Welch

That's because you didn't bother to read what you just posted, and probably didn't bother to read what Rosenthal wrote, either.

Tough call.

I mean, I agree with the one poster who said 4/5 of our line is quite strong, and possibly even upgraded at RT with Vollmer... leaving just one spot (and admittedly the least important) which we can fill with somebody without too much of a problem hopefully, since we did it on a few occasions last year.

But you have to plan for injuries, especially with Matt Light. And then it's pretty scary territory.

I also agree with another poster who pretty much said that we can't sit here expecting Mankins to just hop aboard now. He's being a total idiot in his demands, and the Patriots aren't going to budge first, no matter how scary the situation.

I hope this unravels the way we need it to, or this could really hurt us this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back