PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss:Jets' blitz wasn't a big factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It tells us what most of us already knew. When healthy, Brady is lethal against the blitz.

Oops, I said something positive about Tom Brady. :scared:

It wasnt a big factor. The Jets adjusted to their original game plan at the half and blitzed less and that confused the Pats and Brady. The Pats never adjusted to that and that is why they failed to score/move the ball in the 2nd half.

It wasnt a big factor. The Jets adjusted to their original game plan at the half and blitzed less and that confused the Pats and Brady. The Pats never adjusted to that and that is why they failed to score/move the ball in the 2nd half.

They failed to score because Brady was forcing it into one WR in tight coverage....The gameplan went from passing the ball around to zeroing in on one guy and once they took Moss out of the picture and the offense became vanilla,the result was goose eggs on the scoreboard

Last edited:
After Revis faked his injury, they stopped blitzing

They failed to score because Brady was forcing it into one WR in tight coverage....The gameplan went from passing the ball around to zeroing in on one guy and once they took Moss out of the picture and the offense became vanilla,the result was goose eggs on the scoreboard

Do you think the Jets might have had something to do with that? Give the Jets atleast a little credit. In the first half the passes over the middle to the TE's and Welker were wide open because the LB's were blitzing, the Jets reacted to that in the 2nd half and didnt blitz thus taking away the middle and forcing Brady to try and force it to Moss

Do you think the Jets might have had something to do with that? Give the Jets atleast a little credit. In the first half the passes over the middle to the TE's and Welker were wide open because the LB's were blitzing, the Jets reacted to that in the 2nd half and didnt blitz thus taking away the middle and forcing Brady to try and force it to Moss

Pats should have used the same logic. If your going to put your young corners on an island make sure there is nothing open in the middle of the field. force Sanchez to keep making those risky throws to the outside. i'm starting to have concerns with BB's schemes. they are starting to get pretty stale.

Brady had all day to throw a few times, its just that nobody got open. Yes Brady missed a few throws and made a few bad decisions but against the Jets, when you have all day to throw and Brodney F'ing pool is covering your best receiver, we need to do a better job of getting separation.

Rewatch the game, this is not really the case. I can see how it seemed that way, because the drive enders were Moss plays, but he really didnt overfocus on Moss. What he really did was start looking further downfield to everyone.
He was correct in throwing to Moss on most of the plays he did, but Moss failed him IMO. I will expand on this in another post.

a physical running game might have helped... seems it was like the charger AFCCG. brady started to struggle with coverages and they switch to maroney running the ball to carry them home

After Revis faked his injury, they stopped blitzing

Revis probably had it secretly written into his new contract that whenever he gets burned that he is allowed to fake an injury so he doesn't have to catch any heat from the throngs of neanderthals that wear Jets apparel.

Yeah, the eyeball test already told me this. In fact, my greatest disappointment in the game was that Brady DID seem to have plenty of time to make decisions and throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back