PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Galloway visited

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This would be a good value signing, IMO.

Re: Reiss: Galloway visited.

yah if he could stay healthy he wouldnt be bad

Juuuuuuuuuuust saw very interesting some analysis from rotoworld

This will go a long way towards seeing what value Galloway has left. No team is as willing to gamble on aging players as the Patriots, and they often get something out of them. New England also needs a new third receiver after losing Jabar Gaffney. Galloway could fit right in as the team's split end.

could be interesting....We need something at WR but we don't need much. He didn't do much last years but had a 1,000 yards each of the previous few years. If we got something in the middle that would be OK.

One would think we could do better but we might get him real cheap and he could have one big year left.

Can he play OLB? :D

I see Galloway in the same mold as moss minus the height. He is a true #1 WR with the speed to get open deep. As for a #3, I would want someone who is more of a possession receiver and not a big play threat. Unless the goal is to break passing yardage records, then i'm all for it :)

I bet he could still post a stunning 40 time. With two burners and Welker, Faulk and Taylor could get some crazy rec. yards this season.

Can he play OLB? :D

I see Galloway in the same mold as moss minus the height. He is a true #1 WR with the speed to get open deep. As for a #3, I would want someone who is more of a possession receiver and not a big play threat. Unless the goal is to break passing yardage records, then i'm all for it :)
We were a great offense with Stallworth - better than with Gaffney, too bad his route running wasn't reliable enough to keep the job. A more disciplined Stallworth would be excellent IMO.

Not a big Galloway fan. He has speed sure, but can he stay healthy?!? BRING IN DJ HACKETT!

Egh, i would take a chance on someone other than Galloway.

The problem with old guys who have made good money in the NFL is that they are pretty unwilling to play for a small contract. Seau was a rarity. Ty Law would retire before playing for $1 or 2 million.

You know, this is a guy who can bring some real value to the team this year. Good move, IMO.

Huge fan of Galloway when he was with the Seahawks. Always go the impression that he was ****y about his speed and you have to admire that. He made it look way too easy back then.

I mentioned Galloway as the receiver I would like if we couldn't bring in a front line guy (ie Torry Holt) a couple days ago.

I like the idea of having a WR opposite Moss who can make a defense pay for double teaming Randy. Galloway lined up opposite a teams 3rd CB one on one...that could equal big plays if Joey can still run.

I do know that Joey is fanatical about his workouts and that might be a great role model for Randy as Joey is still running fast in his late 30's. I am not saying Randy needs motivation, just that seeing a guy who can still go at that age might make him strive to be doing the same thing at 36/37.

Galloway on a one year deal and a WR drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and the position is in solid shape going forward.

A good value signing means his production is above his contract and cap number; do you have some inside information on what Galloway is willing to play for here?

a good value signing means his production is above his contract and cap number; do you have some inside information on what galloway is willing to play for here?
$360.00 cdn

A second good speed receiver is exactly what we need, as both a complement and backup to Moss.

Possession receivers are easier to find, in that JAGs, TEs, and Faulk all can play the role.

A good value signing means his production is above his contract and cap number; do you have some inside information on what Galloway is willing to play for here?

Dude, he still plans to play and has been an FA past the goodies period. He won't score a good deal anywhere and if he wants another ring, his options are even less.

But $360.00 Cdn is good coin, haha. Pay him in Loonies.

Last edited:
I was hoping we'd host him as soon as he was released. I think he'd be dangerous in this offense, so long as he stayed healthy.

I'd be very happy with Galloway on this team.

Always liked Joey think he would be a great fit, I would prefer a little height but hey we still have Moss and watson(not sure he can catch) is a decent size in the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes