PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Gabriel catching everything, Smith not

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
anyone think smith may be a 1 week player, and bam will be on the roster by week 2. Maybe they wanted smith on the practice squad, but it was easier to get him by putting him on the 53 man squad, then put him on the prctice squad after week one when everyone else's are full.

R_T26 said:
anyone think smith may be a 1 week player, and bam will be on the roster by week 2. Maybe they wanted smith on the practice squad, but it was easier to get him by putting him on the 53 man squad, then put him on the prctice squad after week one when everyone else's are full.
its one practice. caldwell was also making great catches in practice.

R_T26 said:

This was mentioned several times in the threads about BAM. That the Pats picked up Smith because of his explosive return abilities in case Andrews wasn't able to go. That way they wouldn't have to press Hobbs back into action if Hobbs was the starting corner.

Personally I think Gabriel is better then Caldwell. Gabriel is a guy who can possibly replace givens numbers.

R_T26 said:

I recall last year whenever Childress had the ball, you got the feeling that something great could happen. You held your breath almost expecting him to break one. I hope we don't lose him.

I'm not too concerned about how Smith looks, Gabriel is the one that matters :)

Everyteam needs a number one who run posts split safeties and fly sidelines...we don't have one

oh wait...we do..he runs a 4.4 , weighs 265 and has good hands....OOOOOOPS

lket me tell you guys something..I watched every preseason..guess....not one defensive came close to stopping Troy Brown on five yard sideline.IF and it's big, Dillon stays healthy and Maroney threatens the edge...troy Brown and five are going to be there every game

Rellax

R_T26 said:

I don't know about 1 week or 4 weeks or 8 weeks. But, I do think that the Pats figured they could slip Bam Childress onto the practice squad and sign this Smith fella.

If it works out that way, they have increased their depth at WR and special teams by one player. The practice squad guys provide just as much depth as the gameday inactives. If you can add a player with NFL experience (whether its to the practice squad or the gameday inactives), you have bolstered the depth of your squad.

i also see Smith as a week 1 player

Bam's stuff is still in his locker..he wont wanna sign elsewhere i hope in that case so we use Smith as a little scouting tool because its weak 1..new coach and all so Smith knows more than BB does at this point..then we drop smith and take Bam back! BB's SUPER PLAN!

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these roster decisions came about because of the Jones/Mitchell injuries. Remember, Bethel used to play Tebucky's position on kick and punt coverage teams. Maybe they decided to get a WR who could play on coverage teams -- Childress is certainly too small and slow to play that kind of role.

It could work out that way. BB surely was talking like he wanted Childress back in his press conference. He'll clear waivers at 4pm; we'll know sometime after that.

jefmblrd said:
It could work out that way. BB surely was talking like he wanted Childress back in his press conference. He'll clear waivers at 4pm; we'll know sometime after that.

Got to hope jets dont claim him.
Eric likes pats players

pats60 said:
Got to hope jets dont claim him.
Eric likes pats players

So does Polian

We can just pick up Mike Haas who didn't make the Saints roster...

If Smith is a dud, there's nothing to keep us from releasing

him before the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back