PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss expects Pats to be fined-deflategate? No farking way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all Pat fans this kind of clueless homers?

The endless conspiracy theories. The absurd claims that weather makes air disappear. You all sound like teen age love struck girls, making excuses for a boyfriends bad behavior.

Have any of you ever heard of Occam's Razor?

Fact: the Patriots are the only NFL team who have been docked two first round draft picks for breaking the rules.

Fact: the Patriots have been fined more than any other NFL team for breaking the rules.

Fact: the Patriots have prompted more rule changes, to close grey area loopholes than any other NFL team. Just this year there were two. The NFL needs a spotter now because the Pats didn't pull Edelman after everyone in the world knew he was concussed? Oh right he "passed" the concussion test. Yet they will dump him in a heartbeat next year when he is no longer useful. It's the Patriot way.

Fact: the Patriots are the only NFL team to have a player commit multiple murders while on the active roster.

And what are your usual retorts? Haters gonna hate. Sour grapes. Kensil is out to get the Pats. Goodell hates the Pats. The Ravens are whiners, it's Irsay's pill addiction. The Jets are rats. Everyone does it. BB is just smarter than everyone else.

Okay ban me now for trolling.
No, just being an idiot.

Most of your "facts", in fact, are wrong. That is indisputable. That you boldly claim these errors are facts is telling.
So let's apply Occam's Razor to a non Patriot fan who takes his personal time to come to a Patriot chat board in order to declare his posted and erroneous statements as "fact". The simplest explanation is:
(A) You have hatred of the Patriot success. That over emotional status drove you to use your personal time to come to this chat board to make factually incorrect statements
(B) You are not emotional. You simply have adequate disposable free time to post on a chat board but did not have time or were unwilling to research what is fact.
(C) Congenital idiocy and are incapable of knowing any better.

I believe B would speak best of you, however, I'd be willing to bet A or C is the answer.

I believe you are totally wrong to suggest bartscott is an idiot.

Clinically, I have read that a good rule of thumb to differentiate between an idiot and a moron is that if you ask an idiot a question you will get no response, while a moron WILL respond.

Bartscott responded, maybe not coherently and with his "facts" not factual, along with showing some physics-phobia, but it WAS a response.

Please promote him to moron at once!

Clinically, I have read that a good rule of thumb to differentiate between an idiot and a moron is that if you ask an idiot a question you will get no response, while a moron WILL respond.

Bartscott responded, maybe not coherently and with his "facts" not factual, along with showing some physics-phobia, but it WAS a response.

That's not a promotion :)

I believe this Blot Scrote troll is ,in actuality, a Ravens fan. Jet fans are morons. Ravens fans are ill bred big mouths with a propensity for running their blabber boxes and stepping on their tiny ****s...like this pinhead poser.

Fair enough. But you need to ask yourself, who's doing the pressuring? Goodell is working overtime to restore his credibility... not that he personally dislikes the Patriots, but he knows many important people in the league who do...and maybe that'll work to his benefit. I don't like conspiracy theories, and I'm not suggesting that Gooddell has a personal agenda against the Patriots. But he's smart enough to knows where to move whereever the political winds blow. I would not be surprised if some of that sentiment affects the ruling of the investigation - however undeserved it might be.

I almost rated your post Funny for this :rolleyes:

Ah sorry, I got the wrong FBI head.
I don't believe Wells was ever head of the FBI. I think (I could be wrong) that's he's been a white shoe high powered attorney his entire career.

Yep, this is where I'm at as well. I'm tired of explaining that you cannot be held accountable for something you are literally barred from maintaining.

Sure, in some ideal world moral sense you can't be held accountable for that. But that matters precisely how in this case? The only place NE is allowed to appeal a Goodell ruling to is...(drumroll)...Goodell. And people outside of the NE fan base Are. Not. Going. To. Care. About. Our. Objections. And that's why Goodell will be able to get away with it if he chooses to go that route. If anything, Goodell will get more flak if he doesn't punish NE.

As for fining the Packers, or the Bucs, or whatever, were any of their balls measured and found to be out of spec? No, they were not. So Goodell does not "have" to do a damned thing to them. So that's a non sequitur. And as part of his announcement he can also say "Blah blah blah new process blah blah and league-wide, balls will now be measured at halftime blah blah and if they are out of spec there will be punishment."

Now I do not want this to happen. I want NE to be completely exonerated. And I think there is a chance (1 in 3, perhaps) that they will be. But I also think people saying how the NFL "can't" do this or that are naive and overlooking the realpolitik in play.

Sure, in some ideal world moral sense you can't be held accountable for that. But that matters precisely how in this case? The only place NE is allowed to appeal a Goodell ruling to is...(drumroll)...Goodell. And people outside of the NE fan base Are. Not. Going. To. Care. About. Our. Objections. And that's why Goodell will be able to get away with it if he chooses to go that route. If anything, Goodell will get more flak if he doesn't punish NE.

As for fining the Packers, or the Bucs, or whatever, were any of their balls measured and found to be out of spec? No, they were not. So Goodell does not "have" to do a damned thing to them. So that's a non sequitur. And as part of his announcement he can also say "Blah blah blah new process blah blah and league-wide, balls will now be measured at halftime blah blah and if they are out of spec there will be punishment."

Now I do not want this to happen. I want NE to be completely exonerated. And I think there is a chance (1 in 3, perhaps) that they will be. But I also think people saying how the NFL "can't" do this or that are naive and overlooking the realpolitik in play.

To do that they need something to hang their hat on and I don't believe they have anything to do that with. I don't believe the NFL can simply make sh.t up wholesale and sell it. They need evidence of tampering with the game balls to sanction the Patriots, without it they can't sanction them. Saying the balls were underinflated with no documentation means that won't fly and saying a team is responsible for in game pressure when they have zero control over them is ludicrous.

That's where I stand on it, for those who believe that Goodell can simply make sh.t up and fine then for it I have no answer as there is no answer for suspicion.

To do that they need something to hang their hat on and I don't believe they have anything to do that with. I don't believe the NFL can simply make sh.t up wholesale and sell it. They need evidence of tampering with the game balls to sanction the Patriots, without it they can't sanction them. Saying the balls were underinflated with no documentation means that won't fly and saying a team is responsible for in game pressure when they have zero control over them is ludicrous.

That's where I stand on it, for those who believe that Goodell can simply make sh.t up and fine then for it I have no answer as there is no answer for suspicion.

I don't believe Wells was ever head of the FBI. I think (I could be wrong) that's he's been a white shoe high powered attorney his entire career.

No, I got Louis freeh and Robert mueller confused as far as who did the Ray Rice investigation. Both were former fbi directors.

Here's my take on something Goodell can hang his hat on...

<Intro. Self serving platitudes. Thoroughness of the investigation. Integrity of game>

In conclusion we can find no direct evidence that the NEP tampered with the game balls. We do recognize that the laws of physics dictate some loss of psi from a drop in temperature. However, there was one occasion where a Patriots employee had possession of the balls away from the cameras. (Some geezer like Ken receiving prostate pressure. But I digress...) Since our league representative on the sideline verified that one ball was inexplicably low, the only reasonable (sic) conclusion is that the NEP are responsible for mis-handling of equipment and we fine them $50,000. They are on notice that no further deceptive practices regarding game equipment will be tolerated. Harsh punishment will accompany any future infraction.

<Thanks to teams for cooperation. Self serving platitudes. New ball rules to follow. Integrity of game>

The loophole of the old coot relieving himself while in possession of the balls is the out Goodell will exploit. No sh!t made up. Just disingenuous exploitation of a nit.

The much longer period of the ball in question being in possession of various Colts will be overlooked.

Fact: the Patriots have prompted more rule changes, to close grey area loopholes than any other NFL team. Just this year there were two. The NFL needs a spotter now because the Pats didn't pull Edelman after everyone in the world knew he was concussed? Oh right he "passed" the concussion test. Yet they will dump him in a heartbeat next year when he is no longer useful. It's the Patriot way.

Fact: the Patriots are the only NFL team to have a player commit multiple murders while on the active roster.

The bolded is not fact. It's opinion and subjective drivel. There goes your credibility, pal.

If there was even a shred of credibility left after the steaming pile of ******** you spewed in the former paragraph, the latter kills whatever of said credibility may be left. To make the implication that you are is beyond the pale. Pathetic.

Well, he was right about Hernandez.
Not the needed qualifier multiple.

The bolded is not fact. It's opinion and subjective drivel. There goes your credibility, pal.

If there was even a shred of credibility left after the steaming pile of ******** you spewed in the former paragraph, the latter kills whatever of said credibility may be left. To make the implication that you are is beyond the pale. Pathetic.
His credibility was gone the moment he chose the name bartscott. I expect it was gone in RL long before that.

Here's my take on something Goodell can hang his hat on...

<Intro. Self serving platitudes. Thoroughness of the investigation. Integrity of game>

In conclusion we can find no direct evidence that the NEP tampered with the game balls. We do recognize that the laws of physics dictate some loss of psi from a drop in temperature. However, there was one occasion where a Patriots employee had possession of the balls away from the cameras. (Some geezer like Ken receiving prostate pressure. But I digress...) Since our league representative on the sideline verified that one ball was inexplicably low, the only reasonable (sic) conclusion is that the NEP are responsible for mis-handling of equipment and we fine them $50,000. They are on notice that no further deceptive practices regarding game equipment will be tolerated. Harsh punishment will accompany any future infraction.

<Thanks to teams for cooperation. Self serving platitudes. New ball rules to follow. Integrity of game>

The loophole of the old coot relieving himself while in possession of the balls is the out Goodell will exploit. No sh!t made up. Just disingenuous exploitation of a nit.

The much longer period of the ball in question being in possession of various Colts will be overlooked.

I don't believe they will do that and if they do and Kraft doesn't pay for him to sue the league for defamation then i will lose all respect for him. If the Patriots allow one of their employees to be the league scapegoat it would be absolutely appalling.

Last edited:

I stand corrected :)

My opinion is that we will not be punished unless we tampered with the footballs.. which didn't happen. The refs approve them, and they are in charge of making sure the game balls are useable. I could see Rodge coming up with some bullsh*t excuse to still fine us in the past. But after Krafts presser I just don't see that flying now.

Really want to see this get turned around on the Colts/Ravens. If the NFL truly believes in their whole integrity/spirit of the game mantra (I know.. I know they don't), then we would definitely see this happen. We have heard the words "truth" and "facts" spoken loudly (sort of) by Goodell... Okay, lets see the facts Mr. Wells.

My response is that he has already proven he can make up sh=t, Remember when the Jets were caught filming the Pats from an illegal position, the League office stated that it was OK because the Pats gave them permission so no punishment was required. Does anyone believe that BB or any one with the Pats gave them permission . Goodell also said that he never knew the extent of what Rice did to his wife. Does anyone really believe that is true. Furthermore, Goodell's once and future buddy Kraft and the other owners have him the authority to interpret rules and mete punishment as he saw fit. The rule says that the balls have to be a prescribed pressure, When Kensil, Goodell's number two man measured them, they were not at that pressure. A violation occurred and a fine will be meted out. How the pressure went down due to scientific conditions or magical pixies punching holes in the balls does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back