Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reiss - defensive snaps breakdown

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Triumph, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triumph

Triumph On the Roster

Ratings:
    +277 / 56 / -37

#32 Jersey

2. Jared

Jared Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Minor Haynesworth point, since he is in the title of the blog post: I thought he did pretty well for what we are paying him. Pushed the pocket around, made people have to go around him.

That being said, the one play that stood out to me: Early in the game near the goal line, Bush tries to run past him. Al is being blocked, and just reaches out with one arm and drops Bush. That was just a monster strength move. If Al continues to push the pocket around 20-30 plays a game, and helps keep the opponents to a 3.5 rushing average, I'll be thrilled with his performance.
  3. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 7 / -2

Dowling and Haynesworth were the only 2 players on defense that played great Monday night
  4. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 2 / -3

I would add Pryor, Wilfork, Bodden and Fletcher to that list.
  5. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 7 / -2

i agree Pryor looked really good
  6. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

The miami posters on one of the in the enemy camp link new articles was whining about " why do we have a starting back that can be arm tackled"

:singing:
  7. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +124 / 2 / -15

#12 Jersey

Makes the question of who among Dowling and Bodden starts seem pretty irrelevant, eh?

Anyhow, props to Dowling for playing well in a starter's role after so little preparation.
  8. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +330 / 21 / -2

Bodden played very well. He was so good that Maimai almost never through near him.
  9. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -3

I think we're a FS away from having a pretty good secondary. Looks like we just need the center fielder type. While he's not the long term answer. Sharper can probably do what we ask of him. Hope we sign him.

Only played 4 lb's. If that doesn't tell you how much the game has changed. Nothing will. If we can get Spikes thumb off of the send button. We should be ok there too.

DL will be tested this week against a team that can run/throw. I think we're going to be tough to run on if healthy.
  10. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

GLad to see Bodden and Dowling getting alot of snaps... you want your best guys out there as many plays as you can.

Arrington only in on 19 snaps though, I wouldn't mind trying him out at FS now and then.

EDIT: Hope Wright getting taken out was just precautionary and not a reoccurence of symptoms
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  11. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Haynesworth in on 40% of the snaps.. That's about what I expected.. Good to see..

Gonna be another test against San Diego..
  12. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,066 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

It's funny, Arrington is easily the smallest DB on the roster -- he has basically the same frame as Deion Branch. Yet he's the guy who plays "DE," and somehow he does seem like he could play safety.
  13. Timbo717

Timbo717 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I thought that was a pretty reasonable % too. Especially considering it was in Miami and they were probably trying to keep him as fresh as possible. Still he looked like he was determined, pushed the pocket around and drew a couple penalties to boot.

Going to be interesting to see him against SD and a more established QB in Rivers.
  14. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +464 / 2 / -3

No real surprises here, except for maybe Dowling getting so many snaps over Arrington. Good to see though, as I thought Dowling played well and has way more upside than Arrington (who I love as a hard working depth guy).

Other than that, love seeing the rotation up front. Keep the big guys fresh and they'll still be playing well late in the season.

Something that doesn't really fit here but just popped into my head. The kind of hits we were putting on Henne, if those keep up once the weather gets cold QBs are gonna start getting the jitters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.