PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Dean Pees called the game from the booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss:Dean pees called the game from the booth

Considering BB is the one who talks to the D on the field, I think it makes sense.

Hopefully he will realize that we need to blitz more. i mean, whats the difference if a drive is 10 plays 80 yards or 2 plays 80 yards. if our D is not working in its base form, might as well bring the guys and hope for turnovers, while risking the big plays

Our biggest problem is with smurf cornerbacks we can't play bump and run... ever

Hopefully he will realize that we need to blitz more. i mean, whats the difference if a drive is 10 plays 80 yards or 2 plays 80 yards. if our D is not working in its base form, might as well bring the guys and hope for turnovers, while risking the big plays

Blitzes would have been too risky yesterday. As it turns out, not a difference in the passing game, but with those two RB's, you simply have to have guys in coverage.

Our biggest problem is with smurf cornerbacks we can't play bump and run... ever

Maybe he was too high up to be able to spot our 5'-10'' CB's. So THAT'S why he didn't know how bad they were playing and in need of a 3rd down blitz ;)

I don't think our defense is performing well in some critical aspects of the game, like 3rd down stops and RZ stops for numerous reasons but in terms of the most critical aspect of defensive football it's not that bad. Currently, in terms of PA the Pats D has allowed - the least pts in the AFC East, the 4th least in the AFC and the 9th least in the league: NFL Standings: Division

BB has been saying that they just need to tighten up some things and that it's been a handful of plays per game that have led to big gains by the opposition. In my mind the Pats defense works best when they are physical and that's what I'd like to see going forward. Make the opposition earn everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots