PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Crable and Warren off PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that Crable has built up those chicken legs without losing and speed or quickness. He should contend for a lot playing time if he has.

To be honest, I am more pleased about the Warren-Seymour participation than Crable. I will not write off Crable for missing what amounts to a week (especially in light of BB's praise of him earlier on the offseason), but he is not quite as important to the overall success than the DL. With all the Carter chatter, I was hoping to see Richard S & Ty W on the field so that paranoia didn't set in.

Who plays Thursday will that much more interesting now...

Last edited:
I do hope that Crable has built up those chicken legs without losing and speed or quickness. He should contend for a lot playing time if he has.

From the sounds of it in SBB's 8/9 thread, he hasn't. :(

From the sounds of it in SBB's 8/9 thread, he hasn't. :(

Just so everybody doesn't fixate (probably never happen), his upper legs are plenty big and strong. He just has skinny lower legs. It's hard to impossible to make your lower legs significantly bigger without eating several lifetimes of McDonald's. And that's not the kind of leg development we want to see.

Great news espically about Warren and Sey. Crable did make all the OTA's so he can catch up, the need isn't as great with Burgess on the roster.

I suppose Crable can "catch up" to challenge Banta-Cain for reps as the #8 LB.

Great news espically about Warren and Sey. Crable did make all the OTA's so he can catch up, the need isn't as great with Burgess on the roster.

Just so everybody doesn't fixate (probably never happen), his upper legs are plenty big and strong. He just has skinny lower legs. It's hard to impossible to make your lower legs significantly bigger without eating several lifetimes of McDonald's. And that's not the kind of leg development we want to see.

Dunno. Heisman winner & Patriot Joe Bellino had supermax calves. I used to isolate and work the calves out. It works. Still do because I can't stand the chicken leg look in guys with developed upper bodies. Some folks are just smaller there as body shapes vary. Fortunately, the part of me that's small is hidden from the public.

Maybe The Crab is just a Girly Mon in the calves dept.

Well, its a good thing the rest of us can count because Crable hasn't missed two weeks of two-a-days. He missed eight days of camp. To write him off because of that is just plain silliness on your part.

There is still 4 weeks and many many more practices to go. Will Crable be starting? No. But don't be surprised to see him in the rotation.

aaaahahaha.........weve got the resident OCD at it again

to date, crable has shown less than vince redd, and redd is gone......even healthy, after a full camp, crable could not find his way onto the field last year

so far, nothing has changed

Not really surprising they are all back. If you look at the Pats' history under Belichick, most of the guys who are injured who tend to come back sooner than later usually comeback the first practice after the first break in training camp.

Dunno. Heisman winner & Patriot Joe Bellino had supermax calves. I used to isolate and work the calves out. It works. Still do because I can't stand the chicken leg look in guys with developed upper bodies. Some folks are just smaller there as body shapes vary. Fortunately, the part of me that's small is hidden from the public.

Maybe The Crab is just a Girly Mon in the calves dept.
I've always suspected a small heart.
nenner.gif

Last edited:
Great news to hear, hope they are fit enough to be able to play on Thursday night.

if they were not in shape enough to pass the run than they would still be on the PUP

significantly bigger without eating several lifetimes of McDonald's.

Why not? There's always a chance that we're not going to be able to sign Wilfork next season. Maybe Crable would be able to compete with Brace for playing time in that situation...

aaaahahaha.........weve got the resident OCD at it again

to date, crable has shown less than vince redd, and redd is gone......even healthy, after a full camp, crable could not find his way onto the field last year

Crable wasn't healthy last year coming out of camp. The Pats had hoped he'd be healthy during the year, but as other injuries also built up, they needed the roster space. Hence the reason Crable ended up being IRed.

Crable wasn't healthy last year coming out of camp. The Pats had hoped he'd be healthy during the year, but as other injuries also built up, they needed the roster space. Hence the reason Crable ended up being IRed.

like I said.......nothing has changed ....... crable has still done nothing

assuming that he will be a major part of any rotation at this point is baseless

like I said.......nothing has changed ....... crable has still done nothing

assuming that he will be a major part of any rotation at this point is baseless

Its as baseless as you saying he won't be, Tanked.

But, here's the thing. TBC ain't been doing well in camp from what people have said. Yes, Redd is gone, but the Patriots had less invested in Redd than in Crable. And Crable has a lot more potential than TBC. BTW, read what is written and not what you think is written. I only said that he'd be part of the rotation. I didn't say MAJOR part. Why is it that you insist on putting words in and changing the context of what someone else said? Do you get off on it? Do you get off on being wrong about a player as well and having to be corrected? Cause you do that a lot also.

I suppose Crable can "catch up" to challenge Banta-Cain for reps as the #8 LB.

I think that Crable's best-case use for us this season would be as a regular OLB in the 3rd-down/long-yardage packages, whereas Woods would be a regular in the 1st/2nd-down & short-yardage packages.

IF everybody can stay healthy, there's a lot of flexibility here.

Its as baseless as you saying he won't be, Tanked.

But, here's the thing. TBC ain't been doing well in camp from what people have said. Yes, Redd is gone, but the Patriots had less invested in Redd than in Crable. And Crable has a lot more potential than TBC. BTW, read what is written and not what you think is written. I only said that he'd be part of the rotation. I didn't say MAJOR part. Why is it that you insist on putting words in and changing the context of what someone else said? Do you get off on it? Do you get off on being wrong about a player as well and having to be corrected? Cause you do that a lot also.

NO DB........crable has not done a thing for the pats and now he's coming into training camp late........

oh, so if he's out there for one play, it makes him part of the rotation? LMFAO

WTF don't you understand about the concept of a 2nd year player who has done nothing since he's been here.....not one thing???? potential???? everyone who shows up has that or they would not be there.......

I can pretty much guarantee that someone who has done nothing will not be any part of any rotation...........and so far, crable has done nothing........he may do something in the future, but nothing so far........

the real question is why do you act like an idiot towards anyone you disagree with??? NONONONONO IT WASN'T 2 WEEKS, IT WAS 8 PRACTICES.....I CAN COUNT YOU CAN'T!!!!! .... oh yeah, same old DB

or whatever the hell it was you said.........

to date, crable has shown less than vince redd
Shown less to you, not to BB who watched him practice, had him in meetings, and OTAs. Me, I think Redd got on the field because 3 OLBs were on IR, but if you think he is better than Crable, that's cool.

sad but true (assuming you mean all the "BB is a dope. I know more than him because I read Reiss's Pieces and watch Felger on Comcast Sports" posts that have been running rampant this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back