PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Clearing the air on Pats-Broncos relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss:clearing the air.

Really Mort you don't think it was a good idea to just make up stories

We simply have to accept that there is no viable control over what idiots like Marriotti and Tomass and Mortenson and Schlereth and a host of other folks say. They know that they will get away with "enhancing the truth" and downright fabrication because they are speaking to an audience that is completely uncritical when it's being told what it wants to hear (see "Spygate").

This is a segment of the media, exacerbated by the 24/7 pressures of blogs and webpages, that is virtually uncontrolled and held to no standard other than what they think very gullible and frequently unsophisticated readers will believe. It's a very sad state of affairs, but it is reality. I stick to a small handful of pundits/writers whom I have come to trust and just ignore the rest.

Last edited:

Mort is crying crocodile tears. He is upset because his unfounded speculation is causing a backlash against him...not because he participated in unfounded speculation in the first place. I heard him on radio shows after he initially put the "Belichick screwing over McDaniels" idea out there, and he wasn't retracting it one bit. Even when the host pressed him on it, he stuck to his standard "Hey, the leak came out of Boston didn't it?" line.

Now that the story has begun to reflect negatively on him, he can't stand himself. Well Mort, we are all way ahead of you on that one.

ESPN's AFC East blogger Tim Graham was on the radio in S Florida this weekend spouting all these conspiracy theories regarding BB, Pioli, and McDaniels. He went on and on for 10 minutes, but never once mentioned how tight the Pats were up against the cap at the time. He never mentioned how the Pats had signed Taylor, Baker, and were hosting a higher priced DB the day the trade went down. He never mentioned how the Pats used the freed up money to immediately resign free agent Sanders to a $9 mill contract... these transactions could not have taken place without the quick trades of Cassel and Vrabel. Of course the radio host washed his balls and believed every word the clown said.

Hard to feel sorry for Mortenson, but I do.

He used to break stories for ESPN and now he just re-hashes old stories that Michael Smith, John Clayton and Adam Shefter break. And when he wants to break something, he makes up something and tries to run with it. The guy just doesn't seem to have much value when it comes to NFL news. Maybe he screwed over some insiders or decided to take it back a few notches. Whatever it is, I'm surprised that ESPN lets him go on with his useless stories and speculation.

ESPN's AFC East blogger Tim Graham was on the radio in S Florida this weekend spouting all these conspiracy theories regarding BB, Pioli, and McDaniels. He went on and on for 10 minutes, but never once mentioned how tight the Pats were up against the cap at the time. He never mentioned how the Pats had signed Taylor, Baker, and were hosting a higher priced DB the day the trade went down. He never mentioned how the Pats used the freed up money to immediately resign free agent Sanders to a $9 mill contract... these transactions could not have taken place without the quick trades of Cassel and Vrabel. Of course the radio host washed his balls and believed every word the clown said.

did he neglect to mention moss restructuring so we could sign taylor ?
no?
i'm appalled !!

Really Mort you don't think it was a good idea to just make up stories

No one is talking to ESPN anymore so they feel like they have to make up stories. I'd say the damage has already been done but then again I don't think anyone ever believed the Patriots leaked any information period.

Regarding the other signings, do any fans, let alone the coaching staff, fault the Broncos for signing guys who are free agents?

Is there any surprise McDaniels would be interested in players who know his system?

And do we really think that if the Broncos hadn't signed them, they'd be back here? Jordan wasn't going to come back here for a low money low touch contract - and I think fans and coaches were comfortable letting Gaffney test the waters of free agency as well.

Talk about much ado about nothing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill