PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss breaks down offensive playing time. Hernandez #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on stats the Pats are 7th in the league in total offense. SD, Denver, Indy, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta are all ahead of the Pats. Granted it is only week 3, but still. I would say that the Packers and Saints all have a better offense than the Pats. I would say the Pats are in the 6-10 range in best offenses in the league.

I honestly think the Patriots have the best offense in the league other then Indy (maybe). When the Patriots clean up the offensive mistakes like penalties, they are almost unstoppable against most teams. Watch the Pats destroy Miami's D next week.

(Vikings fan here)

Based on stats the Pats are 7th in the league in total offense. SD, Denver, Indy, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta are all ahead of the Pats. Granted it is only week 3, but still. I would say that the Packers and Saints all have a better offense than the Pats. I would say the Pats are in the 6-10 range in best offenses in the league.

How many of those teams have played against a Jets-caliber defense? Just one of them: Atlanta played the Steelers. Dallas has no business being anywhere near the top 10; their line sucks and they got shut down by a Redskins D that the Rams shredded yesterday.

Last edited:
Yes, but so are the Pats.

I wouldn't say terrible. Pedestrian?

I would take our offensive line over theirs (bottom half of the league, at least), and our backs over theirs sans Grant.

Crumpler has been flat out garbage at the TE position. Thank goodness Hernandez has stepped up

Crumpler has been flat out garbage at the TE position. Thank goodness Hernandez has stepped up

Crumpler was brought in (A) primarily, though not exclusively, for his blocking, and (B) to mentor GRONK and Hernandez.

Crumpler's done exactly what we brought him here to do. I know that doesn't suit your "everyone who isn't a star is garbage" analysis, but it's how reality works.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say terrible. Pedestrian?

I would take our offensive line over theirs (bottom half of the league, at least), and our backs over theirs sans Grant.

I'd definitely take our line over theirs, but our RB stable over theirs? Eh, more or less equal IMO. It's a glaring weakness either way.

The think I love about Hernandez/Gronk is they are allowing Welker some time to heal. I was concerned that we would be throwing to him 12 times a game like the last few years, and eventually he would get worn down this season due to all the wear and tear, especially coming back from the two injuries. It's clear that this offense is no longer just two star receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back