Reiss: Brady Still Reeling from Denver Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
May 04, 2006
Brady: Loss stings
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he hasn't forgotten about the team's last game of the 2005 season -- a playoff loss in Denver.

"It was tough," he said today in a press conference at Gillette Stadium. "It's funny, I don't watch a lot of TV. But before I went to bed I was actually watching TV and was on the 'On Demand'. Then I went to 'Patriots On Demand' and was like 'Let me flip through some of this stuff.' So I watched the press conference before the Denver game, and the last thing I say, to the last question about Champ Bailey, was 'Yeah, every time I throw over there I'm really going to make sure I'm careful.'

"I'm sitting there, lying in bed, thinking 'Of all the things to have said, sure enough.' Champ took one [interception] 103 yards. That's going to stay with me for a long time. It was a tough way to end the year. We were really playing at a much higher level than we were earlier in the season. We were a very confident team. We laid an egg out there, and I was a huge part of that.

"Hopefully, with the work that we're doing now, trying to improve, when we get in those situations again we won't make those same mistakes."

Brady answered several other questions, touching on subjects that included his trip to Israel with owner Robert Kraft; his thoughts on the free-agent departures of players like kicker Adam Vinatieri, outside linebacker Willie McGinest and receiver David Givens; and his thoughts on backup quarterback Matt Cassel. He also said he spoke with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who told him the Patriots "stole" the Colts' running back [Laurence Maroney] in the draft.

We'll pass along the entire Q&A a bit later in the day.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:22:26 PM | Link | E-mail to a friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I'd say "reeling" but that's semantics.

groundgame said:
He also said he spoke with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who told him the Patriots "stole" the Colts' running back [Laurence Maroney] in the draft.

Speculation confirmed!! Love it!!!!

teamplay said:
Speculation confirmed!! Love it!!!!

Not really. It's nothing we didn't already know.

PatsRI said:
I don't know if I'd say "reeling" but that's semantics.

I agree! I'd put in "piss*d"!!! instead.

Reeling, pi$$ed, whatever!

I'm glad that game is on his mind because I want it to burn on those veterans all year long and drive them back to the Super Bowl!

I know I've said it before, but I love Tom Brady's approach to the game, his attitude, his humility...everything...

He is the consumate pro and a first ballot Hall of Famer in my book!

#12 rulz!

ADPF

Armen Da Pats Fan said:

I'm glad that game is on his mind because I want it to burn on those veterans all year long and drive them back to the Super Bowl!

I know I've said it before, but I love Tom Brady's approach to the game, his attitude, his humility...everything...

#12 rulz!

ADPF

:yeahthat:

Have you guys seen the Brady "in your own words" show on nfl network?

In high school, in the biggest game of his senior year, his team was going in for a score to ice the game, on the 5 yard line. Brady goes back, he gets pressured, rolls to his right, throws a pass into the front right corner of the end zone, picked off, 103 yd return. This is a carbon copy of the Bailey play, it really made me cringe. Anyway, Brady always says that his family and friends have never let him forget that one. I'm sure he will respond to this defeat just as well as he did to that one.

I thought the same thing...almost the exact play with the same outcome. Lack of a running game killed us on that series.

That was an amazing Q&A. Makes me even more pumped up for the season.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:

#12 rulz!

ADPF

Amen to that!!!:D

It's so amazing to see that even after winning 3/4 SB these guys aren't complacent or satisfied. They could have shrugged this game off and say o well, we still have three rings, but instead it only added to their fire to win it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back