PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss blog: Welker and Light walk through the locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

FOXBOROUGH -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick (10:45 a.m.) held his daily press conference and media members interviewed players in the locker room (11:10-11:55 a.m.) at Gillette Stadium.

Here are some sights and sounds:

Wes Welker walks through. WR Wes Welker briskly walked through the locker room, grabbed a towel, and headed to the weight room while declining to speak with reporters. Welker left Friday's game with a rib injury and did not return. His presence in the locker room is a positive sign of sorts, because if his injury was one that would keep him out of action, he probably wouldn't have walked through the locker room during the media-access period. Left tackle Matt Light also walked through, but declined to speak with reporters.

Chad Jackson feeling good after an "up" effort. WR Chad Jackson drew a large media crowd in the wake of his strong performance against the Eagles (2 catches, 17 yards, TD). He pulled no punches when assessing his preseason to this point. "I've had some ups and I've had some downs -- and I had an up last week," he said. He said the challenge now is to build off the performance, which included a touchdown catch in which he leaped over a defensive back in the back right-hand corner of the end zone. "It was just me going up there -- I'm a big receiver -- and just getting the ball," he said. "I learned something from [Randy] Moss -- just going up, jumping over guys, and making plays."

Bill Belichick likes the work ethic of the rookie class. Asked about the progress of the rookie class, Bill Belichick said: "It's probably been as good a working group as we've had. They've worked hard off the field, in the classroom, learning their assignments, studying film, spending extra time with the coaches, learning how to work [video] equipment to do their own cut-ups. ..."

I agree with Mike. If Welker was seriously injured he wouldn't be in the locker room. WE WOULDN'T EVEN SEE HIM. Case and point, the last time I saw Brandon Merriweather was when I saw him limping of the field in the Tampa game. I haven't seen him since, have any of you seen him? At least Matt Light is now visible. :p
That being said, I doubt highly that either guy will play on Thursday.

Last edited:
Wait, so Bill makes them create their own game film breakdowns?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes