Reiss: Bits from Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Brandon Meriweather and confidence. Belichick made the point that in conversations with Brandon Meriweather, he’s been told that Meriweather feels more confident this season. The coach noted that confidence is one reason why a veteran who might not run as fast as a younger player can still appear to be faster on the field, because he is moving with more authority and aggressiveness. Belichick pointed out that Meriweather had some nice plays on the first day of practice (perhaps he had one interception in mind), before noting that it was only one day.

I found this interesting not just the stuff about Meriweather too. The stuff about a confident player playing faster and more instinctive. Could be something to watch in some of this years rookies snd new comers.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I found this interesting not just the stuff about Meriweather too. The stuff about a confident player playing faster and more instinctive. Could be something to watch in some of this years rookies snd new comers.

Its great to hear that Meriweather has put his rookie year behind him. Last year had to be tough because he was not only adjusting to life on as an NFL player on the most talented team in the league, he was learn a new position as well. To top it all off from offsason reports he seemed to be putting in a lot of time on football.

As for CJack, Im tired of hearing how much of a "freak" this guy is. I just want to see it on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for CJack, Im tired of hearing how much of a "freak" this guy is. I just want to see it on the field.

I am not sure you really hear it that much except on this message board. Its not like Chad Jack is out there talking up his game and I think it is nice to hear BB still thinks he is the freak he drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes