PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss assistant Mike Rodak got the job from being a Patsfans poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats. I remember your posts being on point (and now to know how young you were!). Your success is likely (hopefully) behind your ability to see the important stuff versus the sexy, meaningless stuff. Historically, Reiss has left the hyperbole and sensationalism behind and wrote about football. That's why he is respected here.

As a fan who has lived through so many writers who focus on the gossip and not the game, I crave the Reiss's of the world and the posters of your type. As a fan, I feel great that a "yout" such has yourself has worked his way into a field he wanted to be in.

Well done.

LOL Keegs got you :)

No - it's not Keegs, although that was pretty convincing.

Everyone congratulating Keegs - check out his location under his avi ;)

Zeus, jmt57, Box, Deus and NUT are all way older than their early 20s

Guys I first want to say thank you for the support. I've been busting my butt for the last couple years working on my writing and haven't had the time to post on here, but those who know me know I have a passion for sports writing.

The job offer was just too good from Mike to pass up.

I do plan to still post on the site. At first I thought it would be a good idea to keep it a secret but I figured what the heck.

I hope I make all of you proud.

Good to hear from you Keegs - and you definitely fooled a few people in here :)

How is it not off the grid? Jays52 maybe??

LOL Keegs got you :)

No - it's not Keegs, although that was pretty convincing.

<shame>

WHO ARE YOU?!

hqdefault.jpg

There are a number of posters on here who are BETTER than the media so it's no surprise that at least one has been picked up, wouldn't be surprised if there are more now or more to come in the near future.

...is it OTG? :eek:

How is it not Off The Grid?

Mucho Scratchy @$$ for the gracious suggestions, Brother T & Brother Coach42!!
beer.gif

Alas...The Insatiable Demands of my own Sprawling Media Empire preclude such an undertaking!!
jester.gif

I was thinking Jays52 as well,...unless his real name is Jay of course...:cool:

admit it...all of you...as soon as you thought about this you all thought..."well, at least I KNOW it's NOT Joker.."...didn't you...?

He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude

They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude

well...I'll always have my Eagles autographed T shirt to keep me warm around the ol' campfire....

Manxman would have been a good shout if it weren't for Manx usually meaning someone from the Isle of Man, which would rule him out.

So my guess of "IamMikeRodak" would be wrong?

It wouldn't be "Alisonlovesbrady" would it? (sorry to the newbies who don't get this joke. Google it. And the old folks who get the reference and don't think it is funny... Well, you might be right.)

♫My aim is true ♥ ♪

That and the Patriots Weekly crew apparently reporting Chad Jackson using the Blazing saddles quote at the charity function are the two funniest episodes ever here. Or are they part of the same episode (I can't remember).

I won't say it, but...

Where are the white women at? - YouTube

It's obviously Mike in 333. He is an official patsfans supporter, and lives approx. 30 min from Foxborough.

With only 195 posts in almost 9 yrs, it's got to be someone in this vein if it isn't him.

The only thing throwing me off is the fact that he's been a member since 2004, which would put him on the borderline age-wise.

admit it...all of you...as soon as you thought about this you all thought..."well, at least I KNOW it's NOT Joker.."...didn't you...?

He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude

They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude

well...I'll always have my Eagles autographed T shirt to keep me warm around the ol' campfire....

Honestly? I enjoy your posts even when I disagree with you. But you're old. Hell, I'm no spring chicken either. More of a winter ****.

But, to be frank, I think there's a lot of ageism in various fields - sports media being one of them.

They don't want old *****, they want young bucks. Because the older you get the more you realize just how valuable the last few remaining scraps of time left to you are and no ******* way are you going to pull 80 hours for $13.50 an hour.

well...you can be Frank...or Jesse for all I care...I'm not goin' down without a fight!!!...if I have ta' I'll gum ya to death...and let me tell ya' somethin' else old man...when I was young I thought I had all the answers...now that I'm older I've come to realize that I never even knew the QUESTIONS!!!...so...THAT proves it!!...or maybe not...where's my dyam teeth...krist...this Spam is tough...

Will the Real Mike Rodak please stand up......

9190-01-01-600x600.jpg

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that he probably doesn't come around all that often. We saw this in the past with Curran and Bedard, who have popped up from time to time, but definitely aren't "staples" of the board by any means.

It's always great to hear their opinions, and I've been lucky enough to have some great conversations with them myself, but they are busy reporting, traveling, and getting PAID to do so. It certainly isn't going to be anyone with tons and tons of post counts.

The selections of some of our most noble and respected posters who are here every day and have post counts in the tens of thousands cracked me up....

9190-01-01-600x600.jpg

Or better still, remember the show, but no idea what "Stopette" was??? A quick google reveals it was a deodorant,

images

Guys I first want to say thank you for the support. I've been busting my butt for the last couple years working on my writing and haven't had the time to post on here, but those who know me know I have a passion for sports writing.

The job offer was just too good from Mike to pass up.

I do plan to still post on the site. At first I thought it would be a good idea to keep it a secret but I figured what the heck.

I hope I make all of you proud.

Oh, heck! I KNEW that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back