PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss article about Brady/Moss chemistry - quotes PatsFans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss article about Brady/Moss chemistry - quotes PatsFans

Cool we got mentioned, but wish it could have been a little more positive...like mentioning that we love him here and really want him to stay as well.

he is mentioning that we like him so much we are worried about next year....

Too bad he doesn't follow our cameragate threads as closely so he can tell us who that Jets cameraman is or how long the "no video cameras on the sidelines" rule was in place. Of all them, I expected Reiss to look into it. He seems to follow our threads pretty closely and yet nothing on this. It makes me wonder if the Patriots management hasn't told everyone to lay off of it.

That's always great to be mentioned like that.

In the meantime, my favorite part of his article today was this:

"The Patriots are holding the ball more than any NFL club, an average of 34:25 through three games. With the Steelers (34:21), Ravens (33:43), Cowboys (32:47), and Titans (33:25) rounding out the top five, it reflects the importance of possession, as those teams have a combined 13-2 record . . ."

That stat is even more impressive when you consider the Patriots have been such a great quick-strike team through the first three games. With all those 20+ yards receptions, you'd think that time of possession would be good, but not that dominant.

So many have focused on the bombs, but Maroney, Morris (this year's Roman Pfifer) and Faulk have done a very nice job in the possession game.

........Now if only we can get that scrub #12 to stop fumbling on the goal line.........

Here was an interesting tidbit about the ability for the team/Moss to sign an extension:

"According to the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, a player cannot renegotiate his contract more than once in a one-year period if it will cause an increase in his salary. So in Moss's case, if he hoped to sign an extension that would increase his salary, it would have to come after the season."

I guess that means there will be no news about an extension, of course that doesn't mean one can't be done and ready to go into effect on day 1 of next year.

Too bad he doesn't follow our cameragate threads as closely so he can tell us who that Jets cameraman is or how long the "no video cameras on the sidelines" rule was in place. Of all them, I expected Reiss to look into it. He seems to follow our threads pretty closely and yet nothing on this. It makes me wonder if the Patriots management hasn't told everyone to lay off of it.

Huh? There was a Jets cameraman on the sidelines?

That's pretty sweet that Reiss checks out Patsfans.com.

Re: Latest Reiss article includes mention of Patsfans and the Brady_To_Moss post

I'm surprised the Redskins showed no interest in Adalius Thomas when his people called. Seems they're weak generating pass rush and he would have made a great DE over there.

Re: Latest Reiss article includes mention of Patsfans and the Brady_To_Moss post

I'm surprised the Redskins showed no interest in Adalius Thomas when his people called. Seems they're weak generating pass rush and he would have made a great DE over there.

Of course they didn't want him. He wasn't going to make more than $10m per year for the next six years, he isn't a system RB (from another system) or a loud mouth. He didn't meet their requirements.

Here was an interesting tidbit about the ability for the team/Moss to sign an extension:

"According to the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, a player cannot renegotiate his contract more than once in a one-year period if it will cause an increase in his salary. So in Moss's case, if he hoped to sign an extension that would increase his salary, it would have to come after the season."

I guess that means there will be no news about an extension, of course that doesn't mean one can't be done and ready to go into effect on day 1 of next year.

PatsRI, this is a long shot, but I just read the story in the ProJo about Randy Moss giving the ball to the kid, and I think they family was from RI, and then I see your name and you have the pic up...just coincidence?

Yeah right - like Reiss is going to tell some poster on this site the name of the cameraman - so meatheads like you can harass the poor guy day and night - because you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that "Mangini was doing it too !!" Reiss has told you what you so obviously don't want to hear. And he's doing the right thing journalistically by not revealing the name that you ijits want so bad.

He looked into it - and said there was nothing to it. End of story. Get over it.

R

Last edited:

Yeah right - like Reiss is going to tell some poster on this site the name of the cameraman - so meatheads like you can harass the poor guy day and night - because you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that "Mangini was doing it too !!" Reiss has told you what you so obviously don't want to hear. And he's doing the right thing journalistically by not revealing the name that you ijits want so bad.

He looked into it - and said there was nothing to it. End of story. Get over it.

R

May I suggest increasing the Prozac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill