PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss approaching the point of no return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, when i moved from Boston to NC in '91-the Globe sports section was BY FAR the best in the entire usa. Sometimes 15+ pages. With excellent writers.

Those days were excellent. I would actually start to look forward to the Sunday Globe Sports page on Saturday. Much of that was because there was truly no other way to get depth information about any of the sports teams until those columns came out on Sunday. Waiting a week to get the download was a pleasure.

Nice article by Reiss this am on DA, JE and Wayne Chrebet

Nice article by Reiss this am on DA, JE and Wayne Chrebet
Damn, I enjoyed the hell out of that article. I loved what chrebet said about his friend who was there, sitting in awe of just how much detail and complication was involved in a quick 10-yd route. I woulda paid $ to be sitting at next table within earshot of those guys.

Bet that little overlooked rookie from Hofstra never thought anyone would nickname him "The Godfather". I love that he loved that.

I think one thing to point out in this thread, which is a little misleading by the title, is that it's the editorial part of ESPN that makes his situation frustrating. In terms of options, he left the Globe and an uncertain future for a more stable one for his family, which is obviously understandable. None of us knew then how things would turn and obviously he likely didn't either, otherwise knowing how important all of this is to him, he may probably have explored other options. But the Globe has been a mess for years and it's evident by all the changes there on the beat recently that they're still not O.K., and are down the list as it pertains to the Patriots in my opinion compared to the Herald, Projo, WEEI, CSNNE, Mike, etc., not in any order, but I'd put each above the Globe right now.

But Mike is one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet and he defined "blogging" as it pertained to really doing it well and set the standard in this region. I get the ESPN hate - but let's ease up a bit on Mike.

Last edited:
But Mike is one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet and he defined "blogging" as it pertained to really doing it well and set the standard in this region. I get the ESPN hate - but let's ease up a bit on Mike.

Hate has taken a serious toll on this forum ... unfortunately. Hopefully it ebbs over time and anger if it needs to exist can once again be directed at some of our opponents on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back