PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss approaching the point of no return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Some say it was inevitable.
The taint, the stench that is ESPN…..
The duplicitous, agenda driven journalistic practices of the self proclaimed worldwide leader….
The subservience to their NFL grandmaster…..
……..so many despicable forces pulling once "bastions of integrity" down into the bowels, into the darkness…where only media dregs gather, uniting …..and now Reiss….. slowly descending?

Reiss' latest blog starts off like all Reiss' works ……The latest developments in the Brady appeal saga accompanied by some choice quotes from Brady's newest attorney, Ted Olson, and from the NFLPA's Smith….solid work by Mike……..

….but then …… a typical ESPN maneuver is deployed. An unrelated and unnecessary tidbit of information is inserted into the article designed cast suspicions regarding New England's integrity ….out of nowhere

"Brady signed a two-year contract extension during the offseason that dropped his 2016 salary from $9 million to $1 million. That could save Brady almost $2 million in lost salary during a four game suspension""

Brady fights back, seeks new suspension appeal

Some may say I'm overly sensitive. Others might add that my hatred for ESPNFL is clouding any sound judgement that might still exist inside me. Maybe Reiss is just remarkably thorough……….MAYBE….but lets not forget Reiss is part of the enemy faction and I choose to see the worst in my enemies. Sorry Mike. I understand this ethically challenged underworld is a powerful force but never forget to look upward toward the bright light that is integrity which rarely shines over Bristol. Give us a sign and we may be able to extract you from the morally bankrupt, get you to CBS or Fox safety. Save yourself before you succumb to the taint.

Last edited:
Reiss has zero editorial control over his columns. You know this already....

He made the decision to take a visible, high paying job with a major corporation and has relinquished control over his own voice. People need to do that sometimes to make a living, advance their career and provide a nice lifestyle for their family.

200_s.gif

"We at ESPN feel we made him a VERY fair deal."

Reiss is like Landa from Inglorious Basterds. Professional, Intelligent, really good at his job and looks like a guy you would like to have a beer with.

It's a shame he works for the bad guys.

Some say it was inevitable.
The taint, the stench that is ESPN…..
The duplicitous, agenda driven journalistic practices of the self proclaimed worldwide leader….
The subservience to their NFL grandmaster…..
……..so many despicable forces pulling once "bastions of integrity" down into the bowels, into the darkness…where only media dregs gather, uniting …..and now Reiss….. slowly descending?

Reiss' latest blog starts off like all Reiss' works ……The latest developments in the Brady appeal saga accompanied by some choice quotes from Brady's newest attorney, Ted Olson, and from the NFLPA's Smith….solid work by Mike……..

….but then …… a typical ESPN maneuver is deployed. An unrelated and unnecessary tidbit of information is inserted into the article designed cast suspicions regarding New England's integrity ….out of nowhere

"Brady signed a two-year contract extension during the offseason that dropped his 2016 salary from $9 million to $1 million. That could save Brady almost $2 million in lost salary during a four game suspension""

Brady fights back, seeks new suspension appeal

Some may say I'm overly sensitive. Others might add that my hatred for ESPNFL is clouding any sound judgement that might still exist inside me. Maybe Reiss is just remarkably thorough……….MAYBE….but lets not forget Reiss is part of the enemy faction and I choose to see the worst in my enemies. Sorry Mike. I understand this ethically challenged underworld is a powerful force but never forget to look upward toward the bright light that is integrity which rarely shines over Bristol. Give us a sign and we may be able to extract you from the morally bankrupt, get you to CBS or Fox safety. Save yourself before you succumb to the taint.

Ahhh... posts like this make me feel like you really are one of us Borg.. :)

Reiss has zero editorial control over his columns. You know this already....

He made the decision to take a visible, high paying job with a major corporation and has relinquished control over his own voice. People need to do that sometimes to make a living, advance their career and provide a nice lifestyle for their family.
Fully agree with what you said while at the same time realize this no longer makes him the gold star on the beat.

I used to read everything he wrote and now the only thing I regularly read is his Sunday notes. Between all the other junk in his blog and the fact his bosses apparently will write under his name or change things after he wrote it has made me ignore the rest.

Good for him he is making more for his family. He earned it. Just a shame he had to throw his credibility out the window to get it.

Reiss is like Landa from Inglorious Basterds. Professional, Intelligent, really good at his job and looks like a guy you would like to have a beer with.

i wouldnt want to be anywhere near landa!!:D

Where you been, OP? ESPN has been "editing" his stuff for the longest. You late, man. LOL

I doubt that Mile is getting rich at ESPN. I think his move there was about more than dolls dolla bills yo. It's still a huge name in the game.

they just hired eli apple's mom for nfl sunday countdown. SINKING SHIP

tumblr_m8sthuIvnw1rxxmyzo1_500.gif

Reiss knew what ESPN was. He chose money over principles and honor. Can we all stop weeping for him?

Mike Reiss has a daughter with heart issues. At the time he joined ESPN, the Boston Globe had just had major layoffs and benefit cutbacks, and had looked to be circling the drain. His daughter needed surgery.
Important Causes

Is this money over principles? Maybe, but I view it as choosing his daughter above all others. Crappy situation to be placed in, but completely understandable from my perspective.

You chose the job, it didn't choose you. That's why the Nuremberg defense doesn't fly.

Fully agree with what you said while at the same time realize this no longer makes him the gold star on the beat.

I used to read everything he wrote and now the only thing I regularly read is his Sunday notes. Between all the other junk in his blog and the fact his bosses apparently will write under his name or change things after he wrote it has made me ignore the rest.

Good for him he is making more for his family. He earned it. Just a shame he had to throw his credibility out the window to get it.

I don't think he gets the scoops other writers do. I don't think he did that at the Globe.

I think his credibility as a journalist is intact. If he went somewhere else that would not be a concern of mine.

To your point, his credibility as a journalist for ESPN is very much compromised.

I don't think he gets the scoops other writers do. I don't think he did that at the Globe.

I think his credibility as a journalist is intact. If he went somewhere else that would not be a concern of mine.

To your point, his credibility as a journalist for ESPN is very much compromised.
Agreed. If he left ESPN he would instantly regain all credibility. But if I can't be sure even wrote it even if his name is in the byline than I am lost. It's a shame too as I've met him a few times and he couldn't be a nicer guy.

Mike Reiss has a daughter with heart issues. At the time he joined ESPN, the Boston Globe had just had major layoffs and benefit cutbacks, and had looked to be circling the drain. His daughter needed surgery.
Important Causes

Is this money over principles? Maybe, but I view it as choosing his daughter above all others. Crappy situation to be placed in, but completely understandable from my perspective.

He made an adult choice. That's fine. As I've said in other threads, I don't begrudge him that. I'm not going to throw him a pity party for his having to deal with ESPN as a result, though. He moved to ESPN in 2009. It's now 2016.

Important Causes

I'm a little on the fence on this one. There are other ways to do your job without selling yourself out. I won't hold it against him, but in his business your reputation is #1. You do what you have to do, but his credibility will take a hit. If that's his priority, I'm fine with that. I just won't trust him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down