Reiss 7/31 AM notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Goalline work, Slater and Bryant continue to impress...

1) First taste of full-contact goal-line work. At the end of practice, the Patriots ran six plays of full-contact work on the goal-line.The offense scored on four of the six plays – with the first unit offense (against first-team defense) going 2-for-3, and the second-unit offense (against second-team defense) also going 2-for-3. The top defensive play of goal-line work came when running back Sammy Morris was stuffed by defensive end Ty Warren on a run over the offensive right side. It was a compact formation, with two backs and two tight ends, and the defense won the battle....

Last edited:
This put a cheshire cat smile on my face:

4) Why Tom Brady is such a respected leader. Leadership comes in many forms, and quarterback Tom Brady displayed one reason this morning as to why he is respected in the team’s locker room. When an exchange with center Russ Hochstein was not executed properly, and the football was on the ground, Brady took off for a full lap around the practice fields, with Hochstein following him. When a player makes a mental mistake in practice – such as a false start, or jumping offside – he is required to run a lap. When the top player on your team doesn’t hesitate and simply starts making his way around the field, it’s a reflection of strong leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
The play of Slater has also made me think about the contributions this draft class will make. I am beginning to believe this class may be as good if not better than the 2003 draft class...

Last edited:
The play of Slater has also made me think about the contributions this draft class will make. I am beginning to believe this class may be as good if not better than the 2003 draft class...

I'd thought that Chad Jackson would possibly contribute on STs and fill that role but it's become apparent that day after day, Slater is something special. Chad may be the PR guy as he practises along with CJ Jones (camp fodder) and Faulk in that role.

I'd thought that Chad Jackson would possibly contribute on STs and fill that role but it's become apparent that day after day, Slater is something special. Chad may be the PR guy as he practises along with CJ Jones (camp fodder) and Faulk in that role.

I'm not sure how one can make this assessment until after some live action in games. Practices are mostly non-contact and half speed.

I'm not sure how one can make this assessment until after some live action in games. Practices are mostly non-contact and half speed.

Who knew?

Someone tell the Pats staff who film every moment on field and review every single half speed play daily in their decisions of who plays on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.

Slater pick was a classic "Huh?" head-scratcher on draft day, but looks brilliant now. Should have known that if they were trading up for a no name it must be a good pick. :)

If he can be an above-average KR that will be a huge bonus.

Who knew?

Someone tell the Pats staff who film every moment on field and review every single half speed play daily in their decisions of who plays on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.

From what I saw today. CJ was on the first team kick returner and Jones received some also. So are they starters?

All three merely got elevated because Hobbs is injured and can't do kickoff return. Welker is injured also and not doing punt return so someone else has to. Willie Andrews is gone.

Sure I'm pulling for the Slater kid, but let's see him in game situations before we annoint him.

And yeah the coaching staff does know more. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes