Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Observations from 11th practice
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
July 30, 2008 06:05 PM

FOXBOROUGH – Five observations from the Patriots’ 11th training camp practice, which was held today (2:30 p.m.) on the upper practice fields behind Gillette Stadium:

1) Injury scare for Fernando Bryant. It was the type of moment that makes those at training camp hold their breath. The Patriots were working 11-on-11 and quarterback Matt Gutierrez threw into a heavy traffic area up the left hashmarks. Cornerback Fernando Bryant was the nearest defender to the ball (we couldn’t spot the intended receiver), creating a deflection that safety Brandon Meriweather, after bobbling it a few times, corralled for an interception. But Bryant remained down, as things went quiet and trainer Jim Whalen tended to him. Bryant retreated to the sideline under his own power, and on his back, seemed to be having his left knee checked out. Before long, Bryant returned and finished the practice.

Vince Wilfork could be seen tutoring rookie outside linebacker Shawn Crable, presumably about how to play off each other in the pass rush. When it came time for Wilfork and Crable to take their turn – against left guard Jimmy Martin and left tackle Wesley Britt – the two executed nicely. Wilfork plowed into Martin, while Crable – who initially was engaged with Britt – looped around Wilfork untouched. Wilfork and Crable high-fived after the play.

I'm tellin' ya, my man The Crab is gonna be a playah! He did well at yesterday's session I attended and here is continuous improvement. Way to go, Crabs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Crable story and very relieved to hear Bryant returned to action, especially given his injury-riddled career.

I'm tellin' ya, my man The Crab is gonna be a playah! He did well at yesterday's session I attended and here is continuous improvement. Way to go, Crabs!

Crab and Mayo. Unbeatable combination. Go Pats:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back