Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rehnquist is a HUGE Pink Floyd fan ......

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

FBI Files Show Rehnquist Had Hallucinations, Withdrawal Symptoms From Prescription Painkiller

The FBI's file on former Chief Justice William Rehnquist made public more than a year after his death indicates the Nixon and Reagan administrations enlisted its help in blunting criticism of him during confirmation hearings.

The file also offers insight into the hallucinations and other symptoms of withdrawal that Rehnquist suffered when he was taken off a prescription painkiller in 1981. A doctor was cited as saying that Rehnquist, an associate justice of the Supreme Court at the time, tried to escape the hospital in his pajamas and imagined that the CIA was plotting against him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2769238&page=1

the scary paragraphs:

Much of the FBI's file on Rehnquist appears to have been compiled almost exclusively for his two Senate confirmations his initial nomination to the court by President Nixon in 1971 and his nomination as chief justice by President Reagan in 1986. Administration officials apparently hoped to prevent any surprises from sinking his nominations.

In 1971, Deputy Attorney General Richard Kleindienst directed the FBI to conduct investigations of witnesses who were planning to testify at a Senate hearing against Rehnquist's confirmation. Fifteen years later during the Reagan administration, the FBI was enlisted to conduct background checks on witnesses who were scheduled to testify against Rehnquist's nomination to become chief justice.

2. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YIKES!..............The Conspiracy King is back!

Freddie Krueger was easier to kill off........

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I can take it as well as dish it, but we both know deep down inside......you enjoy it.

PS Freddy isn't dead

4. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PS In your conspiracy-laden world Freddy is real and living in the White House

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

of course....

Freddy Krueger is a creation of the CIA. He was the lone gunman behind the grassy knoll. Then became the super secret double spy for the mujahadeen, training terrorists with explosives. Then in late 1998 while watching a DVD copy for "Nighmare on Elm Street 3" he came up with, and later executed the entire plan of 9-11. He, along with Col. Sanders, Deion Sanders and Beverly Hills 90210's Steve Sanders make up the group known as "The Rhombus" and control all media, the global economy, and all keno machines.........

6. italia44

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NO NO......Not KENO machines!
    Oh!.........the humanity

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,786 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I have a 6 disc changer in my vehicle ... all 6 are Pink Floyd. Rehnquist is a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and so am I ... he can do no wrong in my book.

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Pink comes in at a very close second to Zeppelin for me. I could finish my life on Pink and Zep records only. Rehnqiust RULES!

Also, if you go see the new movie "Children of Men", which is the best movie I've seen in years, look for the nod to the "Animals" album in one of the early scenes.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Throw in a little Joe McDonald to mellow it out and I would be fine with this also.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's OK, but I'd mix Neil Young in instead. 1,2,3...in that order. Go see "Children of Men" (I'm not being paid to say that). They have King Crimson on the soundtrack, too.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,786 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Ahh Animals ... always good for an introspective brain cleaning and refreshening .... much better by far than any shrink out there.:cool::cool: :cool: