PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rehab Time: Assuming a Torn MCL and ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
so what is the rehab time assuming that Brady did tear his MCL and ACL like everyone is saying.

12 months?
more?

at least he has a good work ethic and always busts his ass

one of the other threads said that the nfl network was reporting something like 8 months

how easy is it to tear the ACL and MCL? If someone was doing lunges and stepped in a pool of wet grass or oil, would it tear your MCL or ACL?

Brady pretty much did that, after he planted his foot and made the throw, pollard came in and grabbed at his feet causing instability on brady's leg, so now his ACL and MCL is torn?

No direct contact was made to his knee so how can it be torn?

How long does it take to heal from a hyper extended knee or bruised knee?

Last edited:
Depends on the severity I suppose (i.e. blown out vs. torn).

Worst case (blow out). 12 months for sure, probably 18 before he's 100%. Kinda how like McNabb came back at one point and played, but was still not 100% for a few more months. Still, I'll take a 80-90% TB anyday.

Hopefully it's the less severe and a better case (like just torn), he'll be able to have a limited camp and ready to go by the opener next year at 100%.

Last edited:

(ACL) is one of the two major ligaments in the knee. It connects the thigh bone to the shin bone (which could explain the fact Brady was grabbing below his knee). ACL injuries are a common cause of disability in the knee. In the U.S., 95,000 people get them every year. They are more common in women than men.

(MCL) also connects the thigh bone to the shin bone (hopefully not torn).

You can read more here:

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/knee-ligament-injuries

Depends on the severity I suppose

the hit was not even severe at all, didnt even hit brady's knees, pollard was on the ground when his hands made contact with brady's feet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back