PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regular season after thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJPatsfan26

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Maybe this just hit me know...but does anyone else feel that time slows down throughout the week when we are not playing on a weekly or sometimes biweekly basis?

The off season is a pain and we all know it. But, It just seems to me that during the regular season, the weeks flew by and all I could wait for is the next time we play.

What says you?

im already in mock draft mode

Maybe this just hit me know...but does anyone else feel that time slows down throughout the week when we are not playing on a weekly or sometimes biweekly basis?

The off season is a pain and we all know it. But, It just seems to me that during the regular season, the weeks flew by and all I could wait for is the next time we play.

What says you?

Actually I feel like the weeks take forever during football season because all I am doing is waiting for the next game.

The 06-07 offseason FLEW by for me thanks to all our FA acquisitions. Everyday something was happening starting with BB coaching in the PB (and schmoozing with AD:D) to finally getting Randy Moss.

Last year's offseason dragged (prolly due to the ending) but so far, this offseason's been pretty interesting:eek:

During the season the worst weeks are after a Thursday night game (jmo). No Pats football to look forward to over that weekend plus it really seems LONG til the following Sunday :(

This is the first "short" season we've had in a long time.:mad: Never a dull moment tho:singing:

Last edited:
I try to do some scouting during bowl week (or, heck, month). It's gonna be a drag once the Senior Bowl is over; then come the dreary months between rookie camp and late July. :yawn2:

What says you?

I gotta disagree. I love the offseason. There's no stress and its all team building. Now we can just relax & get ready for the draft. The season is the stressful - albeit, obviously most fun - part of the year.

Last edited:
I gotta disagree. I love the offseason. There's no stress and its all team building. Now we can just relax & get ready for the draft. The season is the stressful - albeit, obviously most fun - part of the year.

Imagine the giddiness if something happened along the lines of a team giving the Patriots a top 5 pick for Cassel....

Each day that passes is one day closer to April with thoughts of a trade up for Malcom Jenkins or Taylor Mays :)

Last edited:
Or you know.... you could watch baseball, the NBA, or college hoops.

But yeah, the longest moments came during the season, waiting for Sunday.

Imagine the giddiness if something happened along the lines of a team giving the Patriots a top 5 pick for Cassel....

It'd feel like beating the Colts in Indy. So maybe the offseason is capable of delivering in-season highs.

Of course, with the defection of Pioli and McD, there are some lows to be had, too...

Last edited:
Each day that passes is one day closer to April with thoughts of a trade up for Malcom Jenkins or Taylor Mays :)

I thought Mays had decided to go back to school....?

What says you?

The void in my life is wider than the Grand Canyon! ;) Seriously, though, it sucks for the Pats' season to have ended so early. One thing I really miss is Pats talk on WEEI. Now it's wall-to-wall boring stick-and-ball chatter again, with a little basketball and hockey tossed in. I still spend time here everyday year-'round.

I thought Mays had decided to go back to school....?

I had no idea, thanks for the update, that's how busy I've been at work, I missed it, man that's depressing. Which means all safety needy eyes will be targeting William Moore.

OK, option 2, a trade up for Jenkins or hope that Moore falls to us at 23.

Last edited:
Well, basketball helps now but not really. Living in Florida, I see little to no Celtics games here. I follow them, but it doesn't do you justice not being able to watch and cheer your boys on all the time.

I admit I'm a fair weather hockey fan, I'll watch them if it's on but I could care less.

Baseball isn't useful until it's here. Than we can spend the next months *****ing about Francona can't manage, this guy sucks, kill that guy, etc.

I'm a football fiend. I need football like that crack head needs his daily rocks. I frequent these sites daily, even in the dry month of may june july.

:ditto: The offseason brings anticipation too, whatever's done is done and as things start to transpire, more and more you start looking forward to a new season:D

This is a long offseason though- I'll start playing the DVD's way earlier than usual I think:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes