PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Garcon. He doesnt have sure-hands..

RobertMeachem and Marques Colston are better bets. Any (or both) plus BrandonLloyd.

CUT OCHO (2more yrs on his contract! BillB must have been on drugs) !

Branch is done!

RobertMeachem, BrandonLloyd, Welker. Hern and Gronk.

Update Safety position via draft. CB as well.

Get a veteran pass rusher/OLB.

Colston Please.
Superstar WR, physical, tall, fast, great routes, great hands, WINNER, proven

I could care less about his 5 surgeries people keep spouting. How many games has he played in his 6 seasons ?????????? 86 out of 96 regular season games !!!!!!! That's 90% games played

Last edited:
The problem with Wayne, as I see it, is that he comes from a really simple offense, so there would be a pretty major leap of faith to assume that he'd come in and be effective. The risk of another Ochocinco situation, I think, would be pretty high with Wayne.

I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd.

The problem with Wayne, as I see it, is that he comes from a really simple offense, so there would be a pretty major leap of faith to assume that he'd come in and be effective. The risk of another Ochocinco situation, I think, would be pretty high with Wayne.

I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd.

then make the offense simple.

then make the offense simple.

raised-eyebrows.jpg

No Wayne...Lloyd or Colston please

Joey Galloway, Torry Holt, Chad Ochocinco, and now Reggie Wayne?

No more old wide receivers please.

I have no problem will old receivers who are signed for a year or two.

Who would cost more? Lloyd or Colston? IMO, I'd go with whoever is cheaper. Both would fit in well, but I'd personally rather have Colston. (I think he runs crisper routes).

I don't understand the Lloyd obsession.

I mean sure he probably would be a good addition, but if we're getting a WR, let's get one that has talents we've been lacking. Lloyd is already 30, and he's only 6' 190.

Colston on the other hand is 6'4" 225. Give me that guy. I want someone with a wingspan that can go up for the jump ball against a guy like ACromartie, or someone who Brady can actually see as they're sprinting down the sideline.

No more little guys

I mean sure he probably would be a good addition, but if we're getting a WR, let's get one that has talents we've been lacking. Lloyd is already 30, and he's only 6' 190.

Colston on the other hand is 6'4" 225. Give me that guy. I want someone with a wingspan that can go up for the jump ball against a guy like ACromartie, or someone who Brady can actually see as they're sprinting down the sideline.

No more little guys

I completely agree, however, I feel like McDaniels will want Lloyd due to his familiarity with him.

I completely agree, however, I feel like McDaniels will want Lloyd due to his familiarity with him.

Then we are doomed. McDaniels also pushed for and got Maroney and Chad Jackson, and we know how that turned out.

Bring back Charlie Weis !!!!!! Simplify the Offense when we had balanced WR play from likes of Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten !

Then we are doomed. McDaniels also pushed for and got Maroney and Chad Jackson, and we know how that turned out.

Bring back Charlie Weis !!!!!! Simplify the Offense when we had balanced WR play from likes of Branch, Givens, Brown, Patten !

With all due respect, Maroney was actually doing pretty well his first two seasons; in fact, I'd say the biggest problem was misutilization, rather than a lack of talent (remember the Bengals game his rookie year?).

I prefer Lloyd as well. I want someone who has had success in our system or a very similar one as Josh McD will be taking over OC again for us. I don't see Ocho staying with us either. So his cap number will be off the books.

I know Bill likes his game. But he supposedly liked Chad's too...only it didn't translate. I also think Reggie had lost something even before last season. Maybe intensity or just half a step, but he and Manning were struggling off and on through 2010. He's got a lot of wear on his tires too. Turns 33 in November and he's played in 170+ games and started 160. Lloyd turns 31 in July and he's got a lot less wear on his tires and has played his best ball for Josh in this system with nothing nearly as good as Brady as a QB. If you're going to target a veteran FA he's got to be your first choice unless he prices himself out of this market.

No more little guys

While I do agree with you about getting a huge wide receiver, I think it would be great for Brady. But like everyone else is saying the offense is complicated and I dont think thats going to change. So the Lloyd obsession stems from familiarity with McDaniels which could be a good thing for us.

take away Ocho's money and give it to Wayne. I won't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back