PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne wants to play in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this comment at PFT:

"I’d love to see him in NE catching the capper TD, as they beat the Colts 84-10, and then spiking the ball on the horseshoe to the chorus of boos by their obese whiny fans."

But does he deserve a roster spot? It's hard to carry a 4th/5th WR with no special teams skills and giving up on Dobson or Tyms for a one year rental. He'd be a nice injury replacement at mid-season.

Reggie can't get a roster spot here. Sorry Reggie you had your chance you chose the Colts.

I'm not sure Gibson has much to offer either

At the very least if Gibson gets the offense he can be a Patriot for a while. Reggie Wayne will retire any year now. We need some continuity on offense.

Roster size is 90. I'd kick the tires if he will take a low "prove it" contract. I think he's done, but I've been wrong on that stuff before.

SIGN THE BEAST! (And then cut him in training camp.)

At least the TMZ crowd will be amused...

"Who's dating the newest Patriot? The museum of natural history..."

It would have been great to get him in free agency a few years ago instead of Ocho idiot but he's done.

Wayne was an injured dude last year. He still has a ton of talent. I'd put him a tick behind DA.

The problem is that he's old and has no ST value. Can't recover from injury like a 27 year-old...

A min vet deal is an insult to a future HoF guy like Wayne. That's up to him though.

I wish he would retire. Great player.

Since we're discussing adding one more WR, any forum interest in recently released Ace Sanders? I'm not terribly familiar with him, but he could be one of those helpful additions that comes on the cheap.

I expected a "sign the beast" thread by now.

Reggie is cooked but the off chance of him doing well here would piss off Colts fans beyond belief so I say go for it.

Great player but he can't get open anymore. I would pass on him.

@DaveFurst: Here you go-among the teams showing interest in former #Colts WR Reggie Wayne: #Patriots #Ravens #Texans #Packers. Broncos have backed off.

Potential mid-season injury replacement, but hopefully we don't need that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back