PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
how do u cover them? i heard b4 the game taht mathis was gonna take harrison...i think thats stupid...

this yr harrisons ability has dropped considerably, as has his speed...and i think rit now that wayne is quite superior to harrison...so why would u put ur number 1 cb on harrison?

if i was a coach i would put my best cb on wayne, and my 2nd best on marvin...

belicheck may have asante on wayne, and hobbs on harrison, and i would not disagree...

Harrison is a an intelligent and experienced WR, so I wouldn't really trust Hobbs with him.

Last edited:
Just in general, I think you look to take away the best weapon. And that's still Harrison despite the injury and despite his preceived drop-off in speed. A well-timed route run will still kill you. I think you pretty well have to put Asante there.

I think Hobbs is actually a good match with Wayne too. He's fast but not quite as tough, and I don't see Wayne running over Hobbs like we've seen from guys like TO this season.

Just my two cents.

Just like with our WR - you can't. But you can try to mix and match, confuse, make them beat you short not long, etc.

Yeah, and then you've got to worry about Dallas Clark.

Sort of like worrying about Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Watson.

Wonder what the over/under will be in two weeks? :eek:

Hobbs on Wayne, Samuel on Harrison, Gay on Gonzalez. Roll the safeties towards Harrison on most plays.

and Wayne isnt?

Uh, mind telling me who's been in the league longer? I'm not taking anything away from Wayne, he's an amazing WR. Like someone said above, well timed routes can kill you, and Harrison is one of the best at running them.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a site they can link to where I can find an in depth look at DB statistics that gets updated regularly?

How do you stop them?

Go watch what the Pats did in the first half of last year's AFCCG.

Harrison still runs a 4.4 40, you're kidding right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back