PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark have "Butterfingers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Manning wouldn't be as effective on the Dolphins or Jets, neither would Brady or Joe Montana or Dan Marino for that matter, but they would be much better teams with him and he still would be a great QB.

Why is it about Pats fans not being able to admit Manning is a great QB? He's going to the Hall, he has the numbers and he's got a ring. You have nothing left to criticize him about. Let it go.

I understand you defending Brady, he's great and he's your QB, but come on, bashing Manning the way a lot of you do is ridiculous.

Most Pats fans recognize that Manning is a great QB, but not the greatest. That is why a lot of people get pissy about him, because he has been made out to be the GOAT by a lot of media people and a lot of people have definitively stated that he is the best in the game today. Patriots fans who feel differently are obviously going to defend their quarterback (who is the best in the game today, yesterday, and tomorrow). Manning gets an unwarranted pass for his recent "struggles" because of injuries to the players around him, but when those same heads were talking about him being better than Brady they ignored the talent around both of the quarterbacks. There is a desire to argue in favor of their player amongst Patriots fans, as there is for every fan in the NFL.

Yeah, Manning wouldn't be as effective on the Dolphins or Jets, neither would Brady or Joe Montana or Dan Marino for that matter, but they would be much better teams with him and he still would be a great QB.

Why is it about Pats fans not being able to admit Manning is a great QB? He's going to the Hall, he has the numbers and he's got a ring. You have nothing left to criticize him about. Let it go.

I understand you defending Brady, he's great and he's your QB, but come on, bashing Manning the way a lot of you do is ridiculous.

This is about the contention that Manning doesn't need Harrison, Wayne and Clark and Addai...and that you could substitute the skill position players from almost any team and he would be just as successful. This is loopy.

Same goes for Brady. He was effective with sub-par skill position players and that is all the team needed to compliment a superior defense. We has less evidence on how effective Manning would be with a sub-par supporting cast on offense. I doubt the Colts will allow that to happen to their $100M QB.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you and coltsfan were being funny. You guys had me until you said that you could put Manning on the Fins or Jets and he would be just as successful. That is a riot!

You should have included the 49ers and Panthers too. Way too funny.

Let me try it with Bob Sanders now...

"You could put Sanders on the Raiders or the Broncos and they would be amazing at stopping the run."

I like this game.
no dude, not ON the team, but he could do well, in the colts org, with those players in place of his current roster of guys.

Brady is the greatest of all time? Ok, you're a Pats fan so it's expected you'd say something like that, but you need to do some research on guys named Marino, Montana, Elway, Unitas.

There are others, but you should start with those guys.

Brady is putting up the greatest season of all time and will set records this year. He already has 3 SB rings and is on his way to #4 this year. I would put Brady up against any QB in terms of comparisons. Its hard to say one person is the best all time but he's in the discussion and right near the top of the list.

the psychotic jacka$$ speaks

why are you here Indy troll Muley? The Star crash? Quick tip for the brain crippled Muleys out there...if we want your opinion we'll give it to you. Now run on back to Polianland and play hide the cowpie with Mommy/Sis.

no dude, not ON the team, but he could do well, in the colts org, with those players in place of his current roster of guys.

brilliant.jpg

"Paying two WR top money when you would be equally successful with WR acquired at a fraction of the cost? Brilliant!!"

Yeah, Brady's in the discussion, so is Marino, Elway, Montana, Unitas and even if it kills you guys to admit it....... Manning. Look through my posts, I've never said Brady isn't a great QB, but so is Manning. It's a fact.

Hopefully Manning can get a few more rings before he retires and I wouldn't bet on the 4th ring for Brady just yet, you just about got beat by a 5-5 Eagles team last week. If Feely hadn't thrown that idiotic pass at the end of the game.....but he did and they lost.

The Manning jealousy around here is unreal, but hey, good luck with it.

If your post is alluding to my statement (quote the posts you talk about), I never said Brady was the best ever. He is the best playing the game today and that's all I was talking about (and he's been the best for a couple years now, and will be for a couple more). Brady's career numbers are better than Manning's through this point in their careers AND Brady has more jewelry. Brady has had a better career and plays better. I will never make the claim that he is the best ever because I've never seen most of the QBs in that discussion, but I will say that he is the best today.

Okay, the Patriots "almost lost" to a 5-6 team... that's still better than actually losing to a 6-5 team. "Just about got beat"... :rolleyes:

brilliant.jpg

"Paying two WR top money when you would be equally successful with WR acquired at a fraction of the cost? Brilliant!!"
I think you understand the point. it is not as if the WR on the Colts and head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL. Who wouldn't love to have Fitzgerald and Boldin to throw to?? And if CJ and Housh WERE Colts, they'd get paid like Colts. Obviously, it doesn't make sense to play revolving door with your wideouts.

Those look like "Charlotte" Chews to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots