PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Bush sprains ankle playing in a BASKETBALL game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Reggie Bush turned his ankle last night playing in an ESPN made up basketball game. I couldn't believe it when I somehow flipped on to the starting line-ups and both Bush and LT (the cry baby) were playing basketball.

How do their teams let them do this?

I would forbid BASKETBALL in any contract. Way too easy to get hurt.

Absolutely, NFL players should be playing chess, backgammon, and checkers.

Reggie Bush turned his ankle last night playing in an ESPN made up basketball game. I couldn't believe it when I somehow flipped on to the starting line-ups and both Bush and LT (the cry baby) were playing basketball.

Heck, I remember high school football coaches telling players to stay away from basketballl during the season. Basketball, motorcycles, surfing, etc., should be on the prohibited list for NFL players.

I watched two guys snap their Achilles playing basketball, imagine if a Patriots guy was playing some celebrity game (not even a charity game) and snaps thier Achilles.

I just couldn't believe that the two highest profile RB in the legaue were allowed to do this.

I watched two guys snap their Achilles playing basketball, imagine if a Patriots guy was playing some celebrity game (not even a charity game) and snaps thier Achilles.

I just couldn't believe that the two highest profile RB in the legaue were allowed to do this.

Black hip-hop culture and basketball are so intertwined. One of the stupidest trends this past year was seeing players do the "jump-shot" motion after scoring a touchdown or making a big play. Don't know who started that, but I hope it ends before next season.

Bush is off to a great start, isn't he? Taunt Urlacher and backflip into the end zone in the NFCCG, this, not to mention maybe accepting a lot of money while at USC from a potential agent or whatever. **** Him. I have less respect for him than I do for a lawn maintenance guy or other workman that keeps his nose clean.

Black hip-hop culture and basketball are so intertwined. One of the stupidest trends this past year was seeing players do the "jump-shot" motion after scoring a touchdown or making a big play. Don't know who started that, but I hope it ends before next season.

It all had to do with this stupid hip hop song that was apparently huge this year called "Ballin'" or something like that (my roommate told me). I caught the music video the other day, and that's all they do in the video, the jump shot motion.

I don't get it.

In the not to distant past NFL teams such as the Pats would get some of their players together in organized teams and travel their respective areas to play local all-star teams for charity. My son still has a Pats pennant signed by the Pats players who played in this area of NH that year. This is not uncommon for Pro Football players.

I think players should be banned from walking during the off season. They should be forced to cover themselves in bubble wrap. Even reading should be banned because you could strain your eyes.

You sound foolish, and it had nothing to do with basketball. I think it's part of white-internet-stereotypers to "intertwine" things with Black people, as if no one else watches the NBA. Woefully ignorant, but expected.

What! Heaven forbid that a pro athlete actually excel at another sport. The nerve of their teams expecting their players to stay in shape during the off season. Somebody please tell Brady to stop swinging the golf club for fear that he may hurt his lower back with that oh so beautiful swing of his.

The luck of the draw for Bush I guess, it could have happened to Brady last week at Pebble Beach - thank goodness it didn't.

I think Bush will somehow rehab in time for camp.

Bush said afterwards he didn't have his ankles taped. That was the real problem.

And I agree with Caspir. Tunescribe....your comment is kind of ridiculous.

I think players should be banned from walking during the off season. They should be forced to cover themselves in bubble wrap. Even reading should be banned because you could strain your eyes.
Well, we all remember what Spongebob did after his sandboarding accident. :D

First Brees and now Bush get hurt in meaningless games. We don't need to wrap all players in bubblewrap, just the ones from the Saints :)

I think it is silly to say in a contract that you can't play other sports in your free time. BBall is a good workout and a lot of people enjoy it. Maybe NFL players should not be allowed to drive eaither, because they could get hurt in a car accident.

I think it is silly to say in a contract that you can't play other sports in your free time. BBall is a good workout and a lot of people enjoy it. Maybe NFL players should not be allowed to drive eaither, because they could get hurt in a car accident.
Skiing is a lot of fun too, and very exhilarating with the cold wind in your face. Jim Lonborg racked up his leg skiing at Lake Tahoe after pitching the Red Sox to a world series and one Bob Gibson less and they would have won (Yaz helped too ;) ). Lonborg was never the same after the skiing accident and the Red Sox took eight more years to get back the the series. Not all his fault of course, but it was a big loss, his not being able to pitch anywhere near his 1967 level.

It is a fine line what players should do in the off season and where do teams draw it? I mean, with a complete laissez-faire attitude by the teams, you could say Big Ben was just doing his thing on the motorcycle too. Aaron Boone lost his job with the Yankees due to a basketball injury. If I had the potential to earn a hundred million or something in a very short career, I think I'd lay off even basketball until the career was over. Too much to lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing