PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Bush Says He Can Be MVP, While Saints Can Go Undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reggie Bush Says He Can Be MVP, While Saints Can Go Undefeated - NFL - NESN.com

his coach was smart enough to say that it was premature of reggie to be saying this , and also that they are 2 games away from mid season.......

Who cares? They're 6-0. They look good. He thinks they will go 16-0. They probably won't, but why is it noteworthy that he said this? Are we to the point where only stock answers escape criticism (i.e., "we're going to take it one game at a time")? I would be far more concerned if I were his coach and he said he thought they would go 12-4.

I think the undefeated thing is somewhat reasonable... MVP? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He thinks they will go 16-0.

He didn't even say that though. He said he thinks they have the talent to make it a possibility. Saying "we're good enough to beat anyone" is a lot different than saying "we're going to win the rest of our games"

I think the Saints can go 16-0.

I mean, how is it news that a player on a good, undefeated team is optimistic?

they certainly have the talent to make a run at 16-0 and there schedule doesn't look too hard (I think the pats are the best team remaining for them).
Most of their hard games came at home and I don't know if they will be playing in any bad weather come Dec.

I think the Saints can go 16-0.

I mean, how is it news that a player on a good, undefeated team is optimistic?

That's not news, no. Thinking that a team can go undefeated is not particularly bold. Thinking a team will go undefeated is bold and probably wrong.

I guess I don't remember what MVP stands for...

The KEY thing to note is that Bush doesn't bring up the subject. He was asked the question. What was he supposed to say. I read the first line and like most other people was ready to fire back an such an inappropriate remark. Then I realized how UNinappropriate it was.

In college I played on a team that was so bad, we'd play Bowdoin to determine who was the worst college team in NE. (though things did get better my senoir year), and I started every season thinking we'd go undefeated. The point is that players (especially at THAT level) SHOULD think that no one can beat them.

Just another example of the media CREATING and issue, rather than just reporting on a statement.

Hard to be the MVP when you aren't even the MVP on your own team...

Hard to be the MVP when you aren't even the MVP on your own team...

he didnt say this year. he said when he becomes an MVP one day...when he wins a Superbowl..when he makes a pro bowl...its gonna be a great accomplishment because of the criticism he's faced

The pressure to go undefeated will get bigger and bigger as the season goes along. The Patriots had a lot of experienced players in 2007, who even admitted the pressure was a lot to take. The Saints don't have the experience to handle that kind of pressure, IMHO. They would be better off in the playoffs to lose one or two games.

he didnt say this year. he said when he becomes an MVP one day...when he wins a Superbowl..when he makes a pro bowl...its gonna be a great accomplishment because of the criticism he's faced

Like I said, hard to be the MVP when you aren't even the MVP on your own team...as long as he is on the same team as Breese I don't believe he will ever get the MVP.

i am pretty sure the year RB wins the MVP the saints will meet the Titans in the superbowl and it will be 2006 ROSE BOWL all over again........

Cue Mercury Morris in 3...2...1...

Regards,
Chris

i dont think he plans on winning an MVP on the Saints. Reggie Bush is a disappointment and his playing time and touches have decreased considerably. i dont think he resigns when his contract is up unless he gets a huge increase in workload which i doubt. i think reggie wants to be paid..he wants to be the center of attention and therefore, he will go on elsewhere when his tenure with the Saints is done.

He was asked a question and said he thinks they can. Frankly, that's the kind of attitude you want your players to have, he isn't saying they will, but he has confidence that they can.

What should he have said? "No way, we're not good enough to go 16-0"? It's obvious that it can be done, since the Pats did it 2 years ago. The Saints should think that they can do it, and so should the Colts and Broncos. None of them will, almost certainly, and they'll fall into quite a trap if they think about it too much, but if you're asked the question straight up like that, I dunno what answer you expect them to give.

Is it just me or do they start doing the undefeated talk earlier and earlier every season? I remember in 2007, they didn't start talk about us going undefeated until we were at least at 8-0, then it really started to turn up at 10-0. Just seems ridiculously early this year being that the Saints are only 6-0 right now. It's impressive, but two other teams can still lay claim to the same exact record.

Cue Mercury Morris in 3...2...1...

Regards,
Chris

I almost want them to go undefeated at least through week 10, so we can have another fanbase introduced to the Mercury Morris Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes