PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Bush as a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not know which RB is coming or going but I hope we sing someone under 30 years of age.

Get Willis McGahee...His style would blend in perfectly IMO.

Get Willis McGahee...His style would blend in perfectly IMO.

I've suggested this a few times in other threads. I think it'd be a great idea if Baltimore cuts him. I'd rather have him than Taylor and Morris.

Should we make a list of all the players we would like other teams to cut, so we could sign them at a fair price to the patriots?

Should we make a list of all the players we would like other teams to cut, so we could sign them at a fair price to the patriots?

No, but some players will be cut because their contracts exceed their value, and that makes them available to be signed at whatever "fair market price" happens to be, which would certainly be less than they were making with their old teams. Deion Branch, Willis McGahee, and Reggie Bush are among the possibles in this group. There's no reason that we should be excluded from signing any of them, though I wouldn't expect bargain basement prices.

Reggie Bush is literally Kevin Faulk 2.0... except stronger and faster. They almost have identical backgrounds. If he can be had for a reasonable price, I'd definitely go for it. Bush would be a perfect fit as our 3rd down back and eventual replacement for Faulk. From what I've read on the Saints message board, he's an above average pass protector as well.

You can say what you want about Bush, but he does play with heart. We need more guys like that.

That would be a great idea. Is he supposed to be a UFA this year?

No, but is contract is for something like $7M this year, and he's a backup to Ray Rice, so speculation is that he will be cut. Same thing with Reggie Bush, who is due to make something like $8M.

I say lendale white.....he is already a proven part-time RB and since that's what everyone becomes when they get here anyway, his training manual would be smaller

ok so i think the Pats should let all the backs go except Faulk maybe big maybe taylor. I know its not reasonable to let all those guys go but that would be best case imo. I know this sounds crazy but what about making some kind of deal for marshawn lynch, he got outplayed by jackson this year and they just gave jackson an extension.

Reggie Bush is literally Kevin Faulk 2.0... except stronger and faster. They almost have identical backgrounds. If he can be had for a reasonable price, I'd definitely go for it. Bush would be a perfect fit as our 3rd down back and eventual replacement for Faulk. From what I've read on the Saints message board, he's an above average pass protector as well.

You can say what you want about Bush, but he does play with heart. We need more guys like that.

Bush would be a great weapon in our offense, but I think to call him Kevin Faulk 2.0 is an insult to Kevin Faulk. Kevin Faulk is tough as nails, Reggie has always been shy of contact. Faulk is a great leader, I don't think the same can be said about Bush. I would take Bush in a heartbeat but I don't think he's the same type of player as Faulk even though he would have an identical role. I've seen Faulk lay his body on the line and take some big hits to get the job done, while I've seen Reggie run out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder to pick up some extra yards.

I don't think we'd be too interested in Bush, due to money/contract issues. I would think that there'd be plenty of other teams who would tend to overpay for Bush, but that's just my opinion of course.

Before we talk about Faulk's replacement, I just hope that we re-sign Faulk. I think he is actually more important and a better 3rd down back than Bush--as of right now, despite his age. Until Faulk starts showing a tremendous dropoff, which he hasn't, I think he's a very important part of the offense. I would hope that he's here for at least another 2 yrs, then possibly re-evaluate the situation again.

I think Bush has great upside still, with his big time plays, speed, and age. But when push comes to shove, I still think Bush is trying to learn how to play at the consistent level that Faulk has been playing for years now.

I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't sign Faulk (and Bodden). Let the VW situation take care of itself, if he'll agree to a reasonable offer (approx. 8 mill/per) over a reasonable amount of time (no more than 4 yrs) then fine. If not, then use the money and probable draft pick via tag/trade to improve other areas of the defense. I'm still under the assumption that the Welker injury was the nail in the coffin for this year, and that we're only a player or 2 on each side of the ball away.

can't post a new threat so figured i'd ask this here...i'm a saints fan btw and this thread is about bush so why i decided to put it here.

are all colts fans like the ones at coltfreaks.com? holy cow, they have some of the most classless fans i've ever seen. Not only that, they saw we have no chance whatsoever to win...virtually the whole board thinks that. I'm sorry, but this is pro football, and while we may be underdogs, we have a chance.

I only ask y'all because i know y'all have a decent rivalry and read this board every now and then and i know its a pretty good board. Is there a better colts message board out there, or is this board pretty indicative of their fan base as a whole? i had just always assumed they had better fans than that and had halfway liked them because of that and because peyton is from nola, but no more.

Last edited:
can't post a new threat so figured i'd ask this here...i'm a saints fan btw and this thread is about bush so why i decided to put it here.

are all colts fans like the ones at coltfreaks.com? holy cow, they have some of the most classless fans i've ever seen. Not only that, they saw we have no chance whatsoever to win...virtually the whole board thinks that. I'm sorry, but this is pro football, and while we may be underdogs, we have a chance.

I only ask y'all because i know y'all have a decent rivalry and read this board every now and then and i know its a pretty good board. Is there a better colts message board out there, or is this board pretty indicative of their fan base as a whole? i had just always assumed they had better fans than that and had halfway liked them because of that and because peyton is from nola, but no more.

To be fair, every team has their share of classless and idiotic fans. Believe me, I've met some people that I'm embarrassed to have as fellow Pats fans. :eek:

To be fair, every team has their share of classless and idiotic fans. Believe me, I've met some people that I'm embarrassed to have as fellow Pats fans. :eek:

yes sir, i definitely understand that...i've seen saints fans i'm embarrassed by as well, but that's generally the minority on a team's board...that whole board was pretty much like that...that's why i decided to register and ask here, cuz i figured if they had a decent board, someone here would know about it.

yes sir, i definitely understand that...i've seen saints fans i'm embarrassed by as well, but that's generally the minority on a team's board...that whole board was pretty much like that...that's why i decided to register and ask here, cuz i figured if they had a decent board, someone here would know about it.

There's Indystar.com. Maybe you'll have better luck with them. Let us know.

There's Indystar.com. Maybe you'll have better luck with them. Let us know.

Thank ya, i'll try it out...i generally just enjoying reading other fanbase's thoughts and don't normally post(for instance, i've read this board for a while and just registered to ask this). I just enjoy reading intelligent conversation and there just really wasn't any there.

oh, and i apologize for changing the topic of this thread....i'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled conversation.

Last edited:

I'm not a Sir so watch that Sir stuff buddy. :beatingcoming:

Well, the worst fans always seem to be attracted to whatever forum lets them get away with the most stupidity. PatsPlanet is a good example for the worst of our fans. Avoid that one like JaMarcus Russell in free agency! :eek:

I'm not a Sir so watch that Sir stuff buddy. :beatingcoming:

Well, the worst fans always seem to be attracted to whatever forum lets them get away with the most stupidity. PatsPlanet is a good example for the worst of our fans. Avoid that one like JaMarcus Russell in free agency! :eek:

haha i'm sorry....and if that's you in that lil pic i'm really sorry. Your definitely extremely attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back