PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regarding the Schedule and playing rested teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Gore?

Yes. You know it's an effective sight gag when you have to explain it. LOL...

I was shooting for an "Al Gore Rhythm"....

maxwell-smart-missed-it-by-that-much.jpg

My novice point of view:

I am not sure what value to put on having more or less rest days or how that translates into points/team efficiency etc.. I suppose in a 3 point game it could make the difference between a win and a loss.

Whatever that value may be it is clear to me that Seattle has had the worst schedule of the season in terms of SOS and Rest days.

Seattle played 3 games in which the opponent was coming off of their bye week. One of those three games you could call a scratch because Seattle was also coming off of their bye week but you could also argue that Seattle lost the bye week advantage by not playing a team with the standard 1 week of rest. Debatable.

I think the two conclusions I have at the moment is that there is a clear imbalance in the scheduling which may affect the competitive fairness (parity) in the league and that if the NFL wanted to improve TNF games they could and should schedule them after a teams bye week.

I originally looked into this to compare the Patriots schedule to other teams expecting to see that they had played more teams with extra rest. Well that assumption was wrong. Yes they have had more than their fair share but Seattle, Washington and Dallas were clearly screwed while Carolina and TB have been hanging out in the Siesta club.

How does that translate into wins and losses? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back