PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regarding Moss, no one's said it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunqueen212

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
but imagine if we had pulled this trade last year...

Instead of getting Gabriel, which turned out to be a disapointment, imagine if we had gotten Moss. Not saying that all our issues would have been resolved, but I think he, unlike Gabriel, would have been there through the p/o.

Now, we are stacked at the WR position. If only we had made that addition last year...

I love the trade though. But, was it necessary? I get the impression we are doing this not because we need Randy, but because he was available cheap AND most importantly he REALLy wanted to leave Oakland. Low risk, high reward. Just my 2 cents.

but imagine if we had pulled this trade last year...

Instead of getting Gabriel, which turned out to be a disapointment, imagine if we had gotten Moss. Not saying that all our issues would have been resolved, but I think he, unlike Gabriel, would have been there through the p/o.

Now, we are stacked at the WR position. If only we had made that addition last year...

I love the trade though. But, was it necessary? I get the impression we are doing this not because we need Randy, but because he was available cheap AND most importantly he REALLy wanted to leave Oakland. Low risk, high reward. Just my 2 cents.

Last year it would have cost us a number 1 remember? I'm glad we waited because the price dropped dramatically.

I was going to post something similar when we signed Stallworth...

I know it's the past, but I can't help to wonder "what if..."

I was going to post something similar when we signed Stallworth...

I know it's the past, but I can't help to wonder "what if..."

But you know what I think it worked out for the best. Stallworth already has #1 quality talent and now he is being paired with the ultimate, gamebreaker #1 (when making the effort) in Randy Moss. So instead of Brady having 2 gamebreakers, he has TWO of them. Makes it a lot harder for teams to double team our deep threats and makes it virtually impossible for them to cheat 8 up into the box to stop the run. The Pats offense is shaping up to be a juggernaut, I can't wait for the reports from training camp!!

compensation would have been to high and i can't imagine it would have been easy to add 9 or 10 million to your payroll in september.

Also Art Shell probably thought he was gonna get something out of him.

I know i thought i was when i picked him second in my fantasy league.
I'm still bitter about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey