PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Refs/Umps Season Opener Cowboys/Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was two big positives about last night's refs:

- They kept their flags in their pockets on the ticky tack stuff.
- They seemed to call the game evenly. Unlike with the real refs at times, when they screwed up and/or they looked the other way (especially on holding) they were pretty fair and even with both teams.

My observation of these refs is that, being new and with Bill Polian out of the league, they have not been beaten down by PI points of emphasis (yet). They've largely kept the flags in their pockets on hand-checking and inadvertant contact, when with the regulars there would be penalty flags in triplicate on the field, always against the defense.

It is my fervent hope that this continues.

what crew are we getting?

Lets hope we see very few blunders if any from the refs this sunday

Last edited:
My observation of these refs is that, being new and with Bill Polian out of the league, they have not been beaten down by PI points of emphasis (yet). They've largely kept the flags in their pockets on hand-checking and inadvertant contact, when with the regulars there would be penalty flags in triplicate on the field, always against the defense.

It is my fervent hope that this continues.

The refs had two miscues in my mind (the clip and 12 men calls), otherwise everything they called looked legit, and I don't mind missed calls if they aren't blatant. I'll take those if it means a team isn't getting awarded 20+ yds on an uncatchable ball because a defender lightly brushed the receiver's shoulder on a weekly basis. Small sample size and all that jazz though, however I think if this is the std for the replacements threads like this won't occur (or they won't consist of more than the chosen few screaming incessantly) by week 4.

It was actually enjoyable not to see all the ticky tack PI calls we usually see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes