Welcome to PatsFans.com

Refs from yesterday - Blind, Deaf, Dumb?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#50 Jersey

Taking into consideration that the Refs were probably feeling sorry for the Lions, I still can't figure this out.

Non-Call when Woodhead had his helmet ripped off - The Lions player CLEARLY had both hands on Woodhead's facemask and clearly ripped the helmet of Woodhead's head and then kinda threw it away like it was a hot potato. How was that NOT a facemask call???
  2. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

they also called an illegal chop block when one of our guys cut a DL's leg out even though he wasnt engaged with another player. the DL turned into our offensive lineman, made no contact, and then was cut.

however, they called a pass interference on pettigrew which was a terrible call

in the jets game, they called a Personal foul defenseless hit on TO which was bad. and then another Personal foul on the jets when palmer was hit. both very poor calls
  3. Jared

Jared Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There were a lot of missed calls in the game. I think the refs might've been afraid to throw too many flags on Thanksgiving. Lots of block in the backs by both teams were going uncalled.
  4. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I had something to say about that in my living room. The non-call on the Brady horsecollar was kind of odd, as well.
  5. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Even my brother in-law who never watches football was calling out the holding penalties by the offensive linemen that were never called.
  6. BostonBullit

BostonBullit Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

only thing I saw in that play that could have been a real penalty was that the defender "launched" into TO....he didn't look very defenseless to me though.

and someone esplain to me how the OchoChad85s catch at the sideline of the EZ wasn't a TD? even after review they said he was out of bounds but I didn't see that on the super zoom in tv coverage:confused:
  7. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Couldn't figure that one out myself. The guy pulled off the helmet with 2 hands...
  8. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There was also a blatant holding on Chung, allowing that last TD by the Lions.. otherwise they would have been shut out completely in the 2nd half.
  9. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

On the one hand, there's no way that helmet comes off without help from a defender. On the other hand, his helmet should have been on tighter in order to prevent that from happening.

I'm OK with a non-call there, since it resulted from improper use of equipment. It should be up to the player to secure their equipment, and if they don't do that a penalty cannot result from it.
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#50 Jersey

What are you talking about? Woodhead clearly had his helmet properly secured. The Lions player YANKED up on the face mask with both hands, causing the snap to pop and let go. With the force he yanked with, had it not let go, Woodhead would have suffered a serious neck injury..

Sorry, but you are way out in la la land..
  11. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I'm going to pretend that I didn't read this.
  12. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Another thing that the refs conveniently missed was the frequent holds on TBC from their LT. You could see TBC being bent over backwards in the second half but still no call.

Hopefully the refs will be on our side this weekend which I think will be the case if the betting line favors the Jets ahem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.