PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Refs blow it again! Dez Bryant non-catch in Cowboys - Packers game

Mv1029

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Refs should have never reversed Bryant catch. He had control and made a football move before the ball hit the ground! Just aweful - refs ruining these games!

Dallas throws on 4th down. And throws many times in second half. Even though they had massive line and top rusher in the league. Throws to the endzone. Dallas deserves to lose.

Maybe that's their rules, I don't get it. But if their rules say that's not a catch, then the rules are screwed up, because that's a catch as most humans understand it.

It was a stupid play and a bad pass. It was only because of Bryant it was even close. Bryant seemed to be going for the TD rather than a safe landing with the ball.

Dallas throws on 4th down. And throws many times in second half. Even though they had massive line and top rusher in the league. Throws to the endzone. Dallas deserves to lose.
I agree it was a bad play call and they blew the game in so many ways, but it doesn't change the fact that the refs blew the call in MHO!

Horrible call but the Cowboys would not have stopped Rodgers with 3+min left

I initially thought the overturn was correct but now I'm not so sure. Either way the rule is so ridiculous. Watching it again and Bryant takes three steps with control of the ball. Isn't that a "football move"?

fyi4a0qjscc8exzt3dho.gif

Last edited:
The refs blow, and they will continue to blow.. I just pray that they don't blow the Denver Mannings, if the upcoming game turns out to be a contested one.

I thought he should have been ruled down by contact. The moment he was down the play was over. Regardless, just consider it a makeup call by the refs for leaving Detroit at home. Still sucks tho. The refs are deciding winners and it shouldn't be that way.
Still won't matter. Seattle will handle the Packers at home. I still expect the Pats to meet the Seahawks in the last game of the season, and I still look for it to be the Pats hardest test.

The Ref's giveth and taketh away. The Cowboys got their quota of favorable calls last week.

Overturning it, and calling it an incompletion, was the right call.

Edit: And whoever Sydney is, (s)he needs to learn the rules.

Last edited:
Earlier in the game, the refs gave a catch to Green Bay (even after replay) that was one of the most laughable decisions I've ever seen in my years of watching football. The ball clearly hit the ground, bounced up from the ground and was controlled by the receiver because of the ground. That they ruled that a catch and overturned the Amendola play shows how capricious NFL refereeing has become.

I don't know what to say re refs... I am not an expert - but when, often, former players and coaches can't tell what is going to get called and what won't, then there is a problem.

I guess my point was : perhaps this call was wrong, perhaps not. But what I DO know is that we are now going to hear about this one play for (at least) a week non-stop when a case could be made that the fame was indeed lost on many, many occasions. And Dallas has only itself to blame.

I understand the rule and I think the rule is wrong, just plain flat out wrong. I saw a catch and if the rule doesn't see it that way then the rule needs to change. The ball was thrown and the ball was caught.

This is a catch, let's not over complicate matters..go with what your head tells you....

Last edited:
Can't believe they can't get that call right. Oh well, Mathew Stafford says you win some you lose some.

As usual the REFS costed another team their season! A lot of folks are saying it was karma that came back to bite Dallas in their rear ends from last week! Fix it Jesus!!

Refs should have never reversed Bryant catch. He had control and made a football move before the ball hit the ground! Just aweful - refs ruining these games!
in todays nfl that isn't a catch, in fact going back ten years or more that wasn't a catch, he didn't have control of it on the way down and then part of the ball hit the ground. no part of the ball can hit the ground. a real good example of a similar catch that was ok was edelmans catch yesterday, he had one hand on top of the ball and the other Underneath it so in essence the ground didn't help him maintain control. Also you don't know if the cowboys would have scored a td or settled for a field goal. Plus there was plenty of time left for gb to get the ball and score. so you can't really with any certainty that the refs blew the game on that call.

As usual the REFS costed another team their season! A lot of folks are saying it was karma that came back to bite Dallas in their rear ends from last week! Fix it Jesus!!

How did the officials 'costed' another team their season by making the correct call? Saying that is as stupid as saying the officials 'costed' the Raiders the Tuck Bowl by getting the call right.

Edit: Sydney, either learn the rules or stop following the sport.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back