PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reflections from the Georgia Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirForcePatFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I actually won free tickets to tonights game of the Falcons/Colts game... Felt traitorous in accepting them but decided to make up for it by wearing my fleece Patriots sweater and cheer for the Falcons to win...

Surprising number of Falcon stadium workers are secretly Patriot fans, recieved numberous comments of "Go Patriots" and " I love your sweater" from the workers...

The season ticket holder who sat next to me has been attending Falcon games since 1994 in the same seat and is hoping the Patriots win every game this season including the SB as well as blow every team out... He can't wait to watch the game vs the Jets... He also loves BB and his "media sessions"...

The game was much more lively and entertaining than last year's preseason game of the Falcons/Patriots...

Was actually excited when the Falcons took a 10-0 lead for a short period of time... Actually had me thinking they might pull off a upset win...

Peyton Manning doesn't go to the receiver or player who scores a touchdown, something I have always liked that Brady does... For some reason, I noticed that live vs. watching on TV...

Had a few Colts fans around me, and when they started cheering after a Colt TD, I turned around and did a very classless deed... I brought them back down to earth and reminded them who was the superior team of the AFC... The Falcon fans around me loved it, since it became obvious their team wasn't going to be able to bring them down to earth...

It was very nice to be able to watch the game in a dome, I will feel for you guys this weekend... It's 44 tonight in Atlanta, GA, I can only imagine what it's going to be like for ya'll Sunday night... Bundle up, please, I froze my behind off walking to the car after the game...

Atlanta receivers can't catch a ball for the life of me... There were two balls that shouldn't have been caught that were, and the catchable balls weren't... Go figure...

Had reasonable good seats for free tickets... I had a end zone seat in the front 209 level that was perfect to see for scoring opportunities on my end...

AV made his kicks, of which, whenever he was on my end I took pictures of...

Both Colts offense and defense started off slow..

I don't have a official count, but it seemed like the Falcons got a penalty on every ST assignment, most for holding calls...

Will be curious to see how bad Addai's injury is because I noticed he didn't play much after he went down...

I'm uploading my pictures now, will post the good ones... ( I take alot :rolleyes: )

thanks for the trip report. Glad you had a good time.

I actually won free tickets to tonights game of the Falcons/Colts game... Felt traitorous in accepting them but decided to make up for it by wearing my fleece Patriots sweater and cheer for the Falcons to win...

Surprising number of Falcon stadium workers are secretly Patriot fans, recieved numberous comments of "Go Patriots" and " I love your sweater" from the workers...

The season ticket holder who sat next to me has been attending Falcon games since 1994 in the same seat and is hoping the Patriots win every game this season including the SB as well as blow every team out... He can't wait to watch the game vs the Jets... He also loves BB and his "media sessions"...

The game was much more lively and entertaining than last year's preseason game of the Falcons/Patriots...

Was actually excited when the Falcons took a 10-0 lead for a short period of time... Actually had me thinking they might pull off a upset win...

Peyton Manning doesn't go to the receiver or player who scores a touchdown, something I have always liked that Brady does... For some reason, I noticed that live vs. watching on TV...

Had a few Colts fans around me, and when they started cheering after a Colt TD, I turned around and did a very classless deed... I brought them back down to earth and reminded them who was the superior team of the AFC... The Falcon fans around me loved it, since it became obvious their team wasn't going to be able to bring them down to earth...

It was very nice to be able to watch the game in a dome, I will feel for you guys this weekend... It's 44 tonight in Atlanta, GA, I can only imagine what it's going to be like for ya'll Sunday night... Bundle up, please, I froze my behind off walking to the car after the game...

Atlanta receivers can't catch a ball for the life of me... There were two balls that shouldn't have been caught that were, and the catchable balls weren't... Go figure...

Had reasonable good seats for free tickets... I had a end zone seat in the front 209 level that was perfect to see for scoring opportunities on my end...

AV made his kicks, of which, whenever he was on my end I took pictures of...

Both Colts offense and defense started off slow..

I don't have a official count, but it seemed like the Falcons got a penalty on every ST assignment, most for holding calls...

Will be curious to see how bad Addai's injury is because I noticed he didn't play much after he went down...

I'm uploading my pictures now, will post the good ones... ( I take alot :rolleyes: )

Did the stadium smell bad?

Cause Joey Harrington simply stunk up the place :)

Cause Joey Harrington simply stunk up the place :)

If his receivers had caught the passes he had proficiently offered them, he wouldn't have been as stinky as you so easily write him off to have done.

The fact is that Joey Heisman will never re-write any record books in the NFL. Or ever lead a team to the Super Bowl. But he is a fully capable NFL quarterback. He has been given the worst shake of any relatively talented QB in a long time. Poor coaching, tumultuous situations, etc.

Lay off Harrington. He ain't Brady, but he sure as hell ain't Grossman, either.

Last edited:
Ok... Here are a few pics from the game...

http://www.pbase.com/lshirley/georgia_dome_falcons__colts

Cause Joey Harrington simply stunk up the place

I think his receivers let him down for the most part... However he was throwing some low balls...

Why should you? Good God.

Just because it wasn't the Patriots or Dallas but in the end, I got to see the Colts up close and personal and live... I had a good time...

If his receivers had caught the passes he had proficiently offered them, he wouldn't have been as stinky as you so easily write him off to have done.

The fact is that Joey Heisman will never re-write any record books in the NFL. Or ever lead a team to the Super Bowl. But he is a fully capable NFL quarterback. He has been given the worst shake of any relatively talented QB in a long time. Poor coaching, tumultuous situations, etc.

Lay off Harrington. He ain't Brady, but he sure as hell ain't Grossman, either.

I should mention that the majority of the Falcon fans sitting around me like Harrington but feel really bad because he gets on teams with no offensive line... They like him over Leftwich and I agree with that... IMO, I think Vick was able to hide the weakness of the offensive line because of his mobility in the pocket and threat to run and since Harrington is a pocket passer and not one to run, it's showing the weakness of the offensive line... Not to mention, the receivers can't catch anything...

Thanks for the game report and pics. It's always interesting to hear from members of Patriot nation living outside the New England region.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back