Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
According to Football-refs.com is

Gene Steratore's crew.

gene-steratore.jpg

http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/gene-steratore

Crap, if we're counting on Baltimore screwing themselves with penalties this isn't a good draw, this guy's crew called the fewest amount of penalties this season.

http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/flag-happy.html

145 penalties, 1,165 yards, 8-7 record for home teams
No games with 10 penalties or more, No games with at least 100 penalty yards

Compared to the most
Walt Anderson
205 penalties, 1,794 yards, 8-7 record for home teams
6 games with 10 penalties or more, 5 games with at least 100 penalty yards

Last edited:
But on the plus side Randy Moss shouldn't have any problem getting seperation then. ;)

Seems like a pretty lenient crew, they did the Week 1 Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens and according to NFL.com the Ravens were assessed 8 penalties for 65 yards, Chiefs 3 for 15 yards. We should be able to get through this game without many penalties.

With our already dominant O-Line being allowed to hold... gnarly. ;)

Seriously, though - games with fewer penalties are more fun to watch, but you can bet the pass rush will seem weaker than usual because of uncalled holding.

With our already dominant O-Line being allowed to hold... gnarly. ;)

Seriously, though - games with fewer penalties are more fun to watch, but you can bet the pass rush will seem weaker than usual because of uncalled holding.

Why can't we ever get this guy when we're up against Indy? Maybe we'd actually be allowed to cover receivers :p

Good. There shouldn't be any ridiculous pass interference calls. Let the boys play and let the talent determine the outcome.

Oh, I'm sure if the Nevermores lose this game they'll blame the refs for calling too few penalties. :rolleyes:

Fewest amount of penalties? We need this crew for the Colts game.

I hate this crew...They did teh Titans game and when Young fumbled and ran into the endzone of his own volition..he put the ball inside the 5...what was he doing??? They also did the Miami game which had some blatant bad calls....THIS to me is not good at all. This crew is not good...they can be quite unfiar as they were in Miami..letting some things go..while not others..There was a horrible call on Wilhite on PI while Allen clocked with the ball in the air and a BIG no call. When the Pats went for it on 4th down and got it, the flagged AIkens for PI..and itw as a phantom call as Simms said..at the time.."Oh, man, I tell you. That is just an unbelievably tough call. Sam Aikens is allowed to go straight ahead."...and that is what the team is up against. NOT happy with these jokers at all.

I hate this crew...They did teh Titans game and when Young fumbled and ran into the endzone of his own volition..he put the ball inside the 5...what was he doing??? They also did the Miami game which had some blatant bad calls....THIS to me is not good at all. This crew is not good...they can be quite unfiar as they were in Miami..letting some things go..while not others..There was a horrible call on Wilhite on PI while Allen clocked with the ball in the air and a BIG no call. When the Pats went for it on 4th down and got it, the flagged AIkens for PI..and itw as a phantom call as Simms said..at the time.."Oh, man, I tell you. That is just an unbelievably tough call. Sam Aikens is allowed to go straight ahead."...and that is what the team is up against. NOT happy with these jokers at all.
Yeah, I think this is his first year as a Head Ref, which I think is great considering it's only the playoffs we're talking about here...

Yeah, I think this is his first year as a Head Ref, which I think is great considering it's only the playoffs we're talking about here...
Actually it's 06 when he became a Referee so he's had a few years..BUT in any event..after seeing him in action..he makes things up as in the Titan game..I mean THAT was blantantly done..as if a REF can actually make things up...no way should the ball have been inside the 5 and down..That to me was so blatant and pitiful...and CoachB wasn't going to challenge it or say anything in a blow out..BUT it eitehr should have been a safety or a fumble and a recovery. No way should Young have been ruled down. And the Miami game was pretty ba dif not worse..Look at the Aiken PI call on 4th down..the Patriots made it, they called PI which if you look at it is NOT even in the realm of possibility..and one can see how bad this crew is. Maybe they'll take it out on the Ravens..but in any event..I see a bad call and the Pats screwed as a definite possibility..meaning they must get a lead and keep the officials from determining the outcome. Look at the 3rd quarter in teh Miami game and the calls on either side..it was NOT at all close to being balanced or fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back