PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Referee Apologizes To Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradfordPatsFan said:
It happens more than you think, but only when it happens to Manning is it newsworthy.

So true. I'm sure there will be a new NFL rule next year.

workhorse said:
Even if I wasn't a Colts' fan, I would say the same thing.
Don't say that. If you weren't a Colts fan you're IQ would be higher and you might be able to think, and even wonder how often refs apologize to players, and why this one did.

Since you are a Colts fan, and obviously cannot think, I will have to tell you. Refs don't apologize to players except as mandated by the NFL. Since the League does everything the COlts ask of them (demanding the the league follow the letter of the rule and not the intent when it is in their favor like the Pats press defense, or demanding that the intent of the rule not the letter of it when that is in their favor like with the Jets hurry-up), the league has no problem with having refs apologize to Manning because he plays for the team the league is bending rules for.

It's pretty simple, but then, COlts fans are even simpler.

Manning is a P*SSY

Last edited:
NEM said:
The new "official" coin that the NFL uses for the coin toss will now have a picture of Manning on the "Heads" side and a picture of a horses ass on the "tails" side.

How will anyone know which side is which?

Patriotic said:
How will anyone know which side is which?

My sister and brother-in-law was visiting so I read NEM's post and your reply to them. We literally all laughed out loud. :rofl:

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
Yeah but you wouldnt hear Tom Brady asking for an apology.

You didn't hear Peyton asking for one either. The ref offered up the apology.

brady2brown said:
Don't say that. If you weren't a Colts fan you're IQ would be higher and you might be able to think, and even wonder how often refs apologize to players, and why this one did.

Since you are a Colts fan, and obviously cannot think, I will have to tell you. Refs don't apologize to players except as mandated by the NFL. Since the League does everything the COlts ask of them (demanding the the league follow the letter of the rule and not the intent when it is in their favor like the Pats press defense, or demanding that the intent of the rule not the letter of it when that is in their favor like with the Jets hurry-up), the league has no problem with having refs apologize to Manning because he plays for the team the league is bending rules for.

It's pretty simple, but then, COlts fans are even simpler.

Well, several of your fellow Pats' fans have mentioned that a ref, official or ump will sometimes own up for blowing/missing a call. So you may want to back off the hatered a bit. I was at the game and I don't recall seeing a league official stop the game and come down and mandate that the ref had to apologize to Peyton.

BTW, I normally don't play grammar police, but if you are trying to dis someone's IQ, you might want to make sure that you do it properly. You should have written "your" when trying to put down my IQ instead of "you're" as you did in your post. I don't get into personal attacks on message boards, but it doesn't make you look smart when you are trying to screw up saying someone else isn't smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back