PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reevaluating the New England Patriots for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team has so many "ifs" that I'm starting to wonder if they should get roster spots.

"If" Springs can stay healthy
"If" Bodden's crap year in Detroit was the exception
"If" Wheatley can stay healthy
"If" they can find a pass rush
"If" they can find an outside linebacker
"If" Bruschi/Guyton can improve over last year
"If" Thomas can stay healthy
"If" Brady can come all the way back
"If" Morris, Maroney and Taylor can stay healthy
"If" Neal can stay healthy
"If" Galloway still got gas in the tank
"If" Chung can be ready to step in for either starting safety as needed
"If" Moss is still Moss

Of course, if we had all the answers, we wouldn't need message boards and they wouldn't need to play the games.

All these questions would make me VERY nervous.....EXCEPT for the fact that some of our toughest opponents have lists JUST as long, and the rest have lists that are LONGER. ;)

All these questions would make me VERY nervous.....EXCEPT for the fact that some of our toughest opponents have lists JUST as long, and the rest have lists that are LONGER. ;)

Well, if the "if"s break the right way, this team could be dominant, and I'm talking 2007 dominant. There's just a lot of those "If"s, and I don't see Pittsburgh with as many, do you?

Last edited:
Well, if the "if"s break the right way, this team could be dominant, and I'm talking 2007 dominant. There's just a lot of those "If"s, and I don't see Pittsburgh with as many, do you?

The grass is always greener on the other side. Of course Pittsburgh looks good now, they're the defending superbowl champions. But every team has their weaknesses. It's just how good they mask those weaknesses and exploit their strengths that determines if they can win on Sunday.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Of course Pittsburgh looks good now, they're the defending superbowl champions. But every team has their weaknesses. It's just how good they mask those weaknesses and exploit their strengths that determines if they can win on Sunday.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Of course FA and draftees look good now, they've never started here, they could be anything we say they will be. But they all have their weakness. It's just we assume Bill can mask any weaknesses and exploit their strengths and we will win every sunday and they will play consistently within the system and extend at a discount...only it hasn't always worked out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down