PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reed could 'definitely' see himself playing for BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you really think he would take vet min on a 1 year deal? Especially if the ravens win the SB?

By publicly declaring he would "definitely play" for BB, he has already lost leverage in that respect. While he probably won't take vet's minimum (and I don't think BB would disrespect him by offering that) his contract with us will not break the bank.

I foresee Gregory, Chung, and Arrington not returning. This will free up a little money for us to spend on the backfield.

By publicly declaring he would "definitely play" for BB, he has already lost leverage in that respect. While he probably won't take vet's minimum (and I don't think BB would disrespect him by offering that) his contract with us will not break the bank.

I foresee Gregory, Chung, and Arrington not returning. This will free up a little money for us to spend on the backfield.

Gregory would cost more to cut and Arrington is a good enough CB4 - why get rid of him?

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Ed Reed: "Would I play for Coach Belichick? Yes. What football player wouldnt? Will I be in New England? Most likely not. ...
... It's just terrible that people get half the story. But it comes with it."

Ed Reed: "Would I play for Coach Belichick? Yes. What football player wouldnt? Will I be in New England? Most likely not. ...
... It's just terrible that people get half the story. But it comes with it."
Sounds like he knows he's going to try to break the bank.

If by "break the bank" you mean that he wants to be paid what he is worth then you are probably right. Reed's first priority is going to be getting a good deal from the Ravens so he can finish his career there. If that doesn't fly he will go free agent and go to the team that is willing to pay him. If the offers are close he will go to a team he wants to play for that is in the ballpark. And if nobody wants to give him 7-8 million a year then I would bet he will retire. He has already made it clear he is concerned about his health and has real concussion concerns and i can't see him continuing on for low market deals. People like to dream about great players taking next to nothing simply to play for the Patriots but that usually doesn't happen.

sounds like backpedaling to me... Probably got a bit too much heat from the Ravens organization and his teammates for talking about stuff he really shouldn't prior to the Superbowl.

he's right..he most likely won't end up as a pat..just like revis won't be a pat

Everytime a quote or new story breaks like this..everyone on the board goes..he is coming here! sign him please! When 95% chance it won't happen. I get wishful thinking..but let be real here. Reed won't be a pats. Get someone else through draft or FA

If by "break the bank" you mean that he wants to be paid what he is worth then you are probably right. Reed's first priority is going to be getting a good deal from the Ravens so he can finish his career there. If that doesn't fly he will go free agent and go to the team that is willing to pay him. If the offers are close he will go to a team he wants to play for that is in the ballpark. And if nobody wants to give him 7-8 million a year then I would bet he will retire. He has already made it clear he is concerned about his health and has real concussion concerns and i can't see him continuing on for low market deals. People like to dream about great players taking next to nothing simply to play for the Patriots but that usually doesn't happen.

Don't you have a conflict of interest here, Mrs Welker?
If Reed gets big bucks from the Pats, giving hubby a big Patriots contract will not be possible.

P.S. PM me some photos please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing