PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Develin lined up at FB, TE and WR Sunday. Let's not kid ourselves about what he is. Neither he nor Lengel gives us anything in the passing game. Our hopes rest with Bennett's health.

Well clearly the Pats didn't want him that bad or at all seeing as how this whole thing started as a rumor anyways. Oh well, que sera sera.

Develin lined up at FB, TE and WR Sunday. Let's not kid ourselves about what he is. Neither he nor Lengel gives us anything in the passing game. Our hopes rest with Bennett's health.

Somebody doesn't watch Patriots football....

Somebody doesn't watch Patriots football....

Not sure if you are trying to make a point or just being snarky. I'm saying the offense will be challenged to make up Gronkowki's production. Develin and Lengel contributed 0 yards on 0 receptions in the passing game. For downfield threats, they will lean mainly on Mitchell, Hogan and, hopefully, Bennett, whose health is key.
The Patriots used Fleming as an eligible tight end 12 times and backup tight end Matt Lengel plays 10 snaps. Develin was used as a tight end three times and lined up as a receiver three times.
Patriots film review: Offense tries different combinations without Gronk

Last edited:
Not sure if you are trying to make a point or just being snarky. I'm saying the offense will be challenged to make up Gronkowki's production. Develin and Lengel contributed 0 yards on 0 receptions in the passing game. For downfield threats, they will lean mainly on Mitchell, Hogan and, hopefully, Bennett, whose health is key.
Patriots film review: Offense tries different combinations without Gronk

While we can all agree it'll challenge the offense more without Gronk but you know damn well that's not true about Develin not giving us anything in the passing game. Develin catches everything his way.

While we can all agree it'll challenge the offense more without Gronk but you know damn well that's not true about Develin not giving us anything in the passing game. Develin catches everything his way.
Are you serious? 1 catch on 3 targets for the season.

Any twitter updates ?:D

He averages 3.7 receptions per (healthy) year.

He's an excellent blocker, but sorry, I'm with @Mack Herron on this one.

And I have no idea what "So what. We've had a lot of weapons this season. You've seen Develin's history." is supposed to mean.

James Develin and Matthew Lengel might be able to catch some passes going forward don't think the D will account for them much like Hooman. That said based on Size Both are quite a Load to bring down.

Develop has caught 11 passes in 45 games. To say he gives us nothing may technically be wrong but not by much.

After a great O performance like last night thinking about possible/missed reinforcements seems out of place. But still let me mention that Reece had a solid first outing in a devastating Seattle O performance @GB.

I would be interested to know how was he evaluated by Pats. They are left virtually with one TE option (yesterday night sort of confirmed that Develin and Lengel can't help in the passing game). Reece - who saw surprising amount of snaps for a new arrival - looked a litlle bit rusty at blocking but had two great catches, first one on the outside (lined up as an outside WR!), second on play action. Looked like he can contribute and his versatility can be exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back