PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another few weeks of not signing Reece and this thread might sail into uncharted waters ..

Sorry to bump this one up with no news .. but i dont recall this being posted here and it might answer some Q we had.
_

Reece was suspended late last season and missed the final game of 2015 and the first three this season.

With the Raiders’ running game thriving so far, the team decided it was time to cut ties with its longest-tenured position player.

“I don’t know that the suspension played a big part in the decision,” coach Jack Del Rio said.

“Other than to allow the guys that played, the backfield that we have, we’re using all those guys and they’re all doing a nice job in the roles that they have. We feel like it’s a good group and we don’t want to disrupt it.”

Jamize Olawale has filled Reece’s role as the fullback and is better suited as a lead blocker than the more versatile Reece.

_

So to recap: After being released he worked out for Pats and Jets some days later, wrote a goodbye letter a week ago to Raider Nation mentioning he “will be moving on to try and help another organisation“ dreaming of championship confetti and in the meantime started following Pats and Marty B on twitter. Today he has a farewell party in California. Maybe tomorrow we finally have some news ..

It is strange - IF he indeed has a new club (formulation in his letter could mean just a wish) - that nothing is leaking with media eagerly preying .. But we do know who can keep this kind of information and who has a free roster spot ..

i wonder if denver will go after him now

Its not the 81 guy .. but is he a Patriot?

Please make it happen... take the edge off the Collins wound...

Please make it happen... take the edge off the Collins wound...
It would although we have so many guys on offense - especially once Dion is back - I'm not sure how much Reece would help.

How many RBs are we going to carry?

It would although we have so many guys on offense - especially once Dion is back - I'm not sure how much Reece would help.

True. Though injuries happen .. plus he is a triple weapon TE, rushing/receiving FB & RB.
If he is in good shape just imagine f.e. Gronk-Reece-Lewis-Bennett-Hogan .. is this rush, pass, slot/long, screen..?

My lord, Reece added to this offense with 13 personnel with Hogan or Edelman at WR would be insane to watch. Good luck stopping that in the red zone.

My lord, Reece added to this offense with 13 personnel with Hogan or Edelman at WR would be insane to watch. Good luck stopping that in the red zone.
Sure you could add an All Pro swiss-army knife who can contribute as both H-back and FB, but we just solidified the roster by adding Chase Farris and Austin Traylor to the practice squad! Pretty clear that after ridding ourselves of that All Pro LB we are all ahead full.

Sure you could add an All Pro swiss-army knife who can contribute as both H-back and FB, but we just solidified the roster by adding Chase Farris and Austin Traylor to the practice squad! Pretty clear that after ridding ourselves of that All Pro LB we are all ahead full.

Not the Austin Traylor?

Not the Austin Traylor?

Yes, THE Austin "Tractor" Traylor.

I have no idea who this guy is, Just everyone named Traylor is nicknamed Tractor(or Rex)

This feels like one of those celebrity guys who the tabloids tell us has been dating Taylor Swift for weeks and they're gonna come out in the open about it any day now, but then randomly she's seen with like some Kennedy kid and you begin to realize it was all a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes