PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins release Patten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond his catch, throw, and run for a TD game I'll always remember that he showed his football skills even when knocked unconscious... how many other players can say that?

He actually was a pretty good deep threat for us in 2004 and that helped that season tremendously... though I know most fans here don't think having a deep threat matters, he definately was a big help.

Shadow roster...

Really could have used him last year though.

I for one don't begrudge a guy who loaded trucks to make ends meet before helping us win a couple of rings pocketing a couple of million of Snyders wasted dollars. With Branch and Givens emerging and us tight up against the cap he was never gonna see that kind of bonus money here.
I'm sad the guy got iced out in DC, and happy he has Snyder bucks which are hopefully wisely invested to keep him and his family comfortable. I doubt he makes the shadow roster, hopefully whomever signs him does more with him then DC did, former Patriot player vs the Pats exemption activated.

personally, I would like to bring back some ex-Pats for sentimental reasons, but sentiments don't win games.

It would be nice to find a spot for Patten and even Christian Fauria, but it just isn't going to happen. Givens would find a spot on the team if he got cut though.

I really liked him when he was here and I was actually glad to see a guy who came from nothing have a chance at lifetime financial security, even if it was with the Skins. No way would we have paid him anything close to that kind of money. Hopefully, much of his contract was signing bonus and is now his, not Snyder's.

Really coulda used him here last year but not this year. At age 32 and healthy, there has to be a job for him paying 800 large somewhere in the NFL.

I really liked him when he was here and I was actually glad to see a guy who came from nothing have a chance at lifetime financial security, even if it was with the Skins. No way would we have paid him anything close to that kind of money. Hopefully, much of his contract was signing bonus and is now his, not Snyder's.

Really coulda used him here last year but not this year. At age 32 and healthy, there has to be a job for him paying 800 large somewhere in the NFL.

I feel the same way. He was a good player for us and had a chance to get his only big pay day, so he took it. Can’t blame him for that. No room for him on the team anymore, although I wouldn’t have minded bringing him in last year.

Beyond his catch, throw, and run for a TD game I'll always remember that he showed his football skills even when knocked unconscious... how many other players can say that?

He actually was a pretty good deep threat for us in 2004 and that helped that season tremendously... though I know most fans here don't think having a deep threat matters, he definately was a big help.
Same old story... it's Brady that makes receivers here successful, not the other way around.

C'mon, I'd bring him back to compete for a spot. Washington is no lock, Jackson starts on PUP, and he knows the system.

That being said, there's no way Patten makes this team.

Same old story... it's Brady that makes receivers here successful, not the other way around.
That is very true.

I liked Patten alot.

I don't think there's any doubt that had he been cut last year, the Pats would've swooped him. Remeber BB Hugging him and talking to him after an early exhibition game. Everyoen was thinking it might be a possibility that he'd be back.

I still would never say never. I don't put anything past this franchise.

That said, I'm thinking Mangini or Crennel will sign him within the next 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back